Was he gentle?

Raghav's POV:

Friends? Was that something she had in her mind?

So I can be a douchebag, a burden, an idiot or even a friend but not a husband. I'm anything but what I am, in her life.

Ankita came in to the room just when I was thinking about her. I noticed she was dressed up.

"Raghav I'm thinking of visiting my parents today."

Today? I run today's schedule in my mind. I have an important work in the morning and after that I would be free. When I was about to ask if she could wait till afternoon she began speaking.

"I will be back by evening. If you don't mind, Can I go?"

Wait? She didn't call me? She wants to go on her own? What will her parents think of me if she goes home first time after marriage without her husband?

And one more thing I don't want her to ask permission to visit her house. She has all the freedom to go anywhere but she should have called me if she were to visit her house.

If she had thought of me as her husband, she would have. Why would she go with her friend to visit her parents?

It hurts. A little. And this is why I didn't want to be her friend.

"You are going on your own?"

"Yeah. Probably."

"Ask the driver to drop you. And remember, next time you needn't ask my permission to visit them. But make sure you inform me that you are there."

"Thank you."

Haan thank you?? I'm worse than a friend. Nothing better than a stranger to her.

_______________________________

Ankita's POV:
What kind of husband he is? He is letting me go home alone, the first time after marriage?

I'm disappointed yet I blame myself for not having the courage to ask him to tag along. I wanted to be his friend but he doesn't approve of it. Why would he agree to come with me?

I reached my home within forty minutes. My mom opened the door for me.

"Where is Raghav?" Was the first question she asked me.

"He is stuck in an important meeting mom. Why? Are you not happy that I came?"

"Nothing like that. Come in."

I went straight to my dad and hugged him tight. I missed him so much.

"How are you dear?" He asked me.

"I'm as beautiful as always Dad." I told him smiling.

"Yeah! Whose daughter are you?" He laughed out loud.

"I'm the daughter of the most handsome man in the town."

"Enough with all your self advertisements. Come help me in the kitchen." My jealous mom interrupted.

"Coming mom."

I followed her to the kitchen. I could see meat and I was happy instantly. I'm going to have a feast today.

I sliced the onions whereas my mom was sauteing for the gravy.

"How is your marriage life going? Did you impress your in laws?"

"They are good mom. Priya Aunty looks after me like her own daughter." I know my possessive mom won't like it when I give her place to someone else. So I chose the word Aunty instead of mom.