I had just about enough for one night. I know that I can't ever compare to Vanessa. I know she's perfect, she's pretty, gentle and probably intelligent as well, but Daniel, you don't have to be so cruel to rub my faults into my face...

"Are you listening?" He jumped off the kitchen stool and walked around to look at me, annoyed that I wasn't reacting to his jibes. Then he froze when he saw my face, "Arthit..."

Without bothering to hide the fact that fat tears were pouring down my cheeks, I turned and sprinted upstairs. Once again, I found myself lying on my bed and crying into my soaked pillow. 

This was starting to become a bad habit recently...

❤︎

Kongpob's POV

"Brother!" I turned in surprise, when Daniel suddenly barged into my room without knocking. There was an angry expression on his face.

"What's up, Daniel?"

"Are you really going to marry Vanessa?" 

I was quite taken back by his direct question. We hadn't even discussed this situation with him since I announced the business marriage to the family.

"Yes, if nothing goes wrong."

"Do you like Vanessa?" He looked at me intently, sanding beside me.

I paused for a moment. "What's wrong, Daniel?" I finally asked him. I had never seen my younger brother behave so out of character before.

"Look brother. Is it REALLY alright for you to marry Vanessa? I mean the one you truly like is Arthit, isn't it?"

❤︎

Daniel's POV

I looked at brother's expression after my comment, expecting shock or surprise, but it was kept carefully bland. In fact, all he did was look a little thoughtful.

"I'll introduce Vanessa to you one day." That was all he said, totally ignoring my previous question. I felt my temper raising as my hands clenched into fists. I was sick of being treated like a child. He looked at me and added almost as an afterthought to convince himself, "Vanessa will suit me. Yes, she'll definitely suit me..."

I barely could refrain from holding back a snort. Who was he trying to deceive with his lack luster performance? From a brief moment, I thought that I saw sadness flickering in his eyes. I doubt that he had succeeded in convincing even himself, although he was trying so hard to do so and all for the sake of our family. 

But...I know the truth... And it's so obvious you don't feel anything for that woman. You are just forcing yourself...Does the family business really require such a sacrifice of your own happiness, brother? 

Suddenly I was totally deflated, overwhelmed with my own feelings of helplessness. I turned and quietly left the room. Kongpob was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't even notice me leave.

As I passed Arthit's bedroom, I could hear him crying inside. It had been hours since he started crying and he still hadn't stopped. It broke my heart and I felt extremely sorry for him and angry at my big brother for being so damn stubborn.

Just admit that you like Arthit, you big idiot! God dammit!

❤︎

Arthit's POV

"...and so yeah, so he is most likely going to marry her." I finished my narrative and saw my two best friends looking at me with concern and pity in their eyes.