Chapter 10 - Moving In

Start from the beginning

She looked around the place and the only word that she could utter was a, "Wow." His penthouse was magnificently beautiful. It was a two story penthouse with cream walls and tile floors. It was an open space concept, with the ceiling as high as the second floor's ceiling. A chandelier was hanging from above the stairwell illuminating the whole place. The staircase was in a form of spiral and was made out of glass.

The living room had the casual look with a big flushed red couch with matching love seats. There was also a glass centre table in the middle and a fireplace on the side. It looked absolutely marvellous.

Then there was the kitchen, which could be seen from the living room. It had an open concept where the kitchen is completely visible except for the dining table that was hidden behind the walls, separating it from the living room.

"Your bags are here." Mason declared interrupting her gawking moment. She glanced back at him and saw that all her luggages was there by the door. She looked at the red haired boy beside Mason and he was patiently waiting to be dismissed. "You can put all of it in the room." He ordered to the boy who looked no older than eighteen. He looked tired as if he was gonna collapse anytime soon.

'He must have double jobs...' Just like her before she accepted Mason King's offer. Kelsey thought. 'He must be exhausted from working.' Then she remembered how tired she would get whenever she got home from work.

"It's fine, I'll take it from here." She said assuring him with a smile. She took the luggage from his hand and another one from the floor. "You should go get some rest. It looks like you're about to faint. Word of advice, don't tire yourself out. You don't wanna get sick now, do you? Who's gonna take care of your family?" She looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

The boy stared at her in surprised. Surprised that she knew what he was going through. 'How can a rich, wealthy woman like her, knows what I'm going through?' He curiously thought.

"Thank you for bringing these. I truly appreciate your help." She wholeheartedly thanked him.

Mason stared at the two. But most of time, he was staring at Kelsey in awed. She was truly someone really different. A good different. She had such a lovely, soft heart and kind attitude. Mason knew then that living with her might be dangerous. Dangerous of possibly getting his heart stolen and falling love. Something that he wasn't ready on doing again.

He tipped the boy as he nodded respectful at Mason and shot Kelsey a heartfelt smile before leaving. "So... Where's my room?" She asked as she tried to balance her bags on her shoulders and hands.

"It's upstairs across from mine." He replied. "Here, let me take that from you and I'll show you the way." He took the bags from her hands and some from the floor. Then they made their way upstairs with Kelsey in tow.

"Your house is beautiful." She uttered in awe as she glanced around and tried not to trip at the same time.

"Thank you, I designed it myself." He announced causing her head to whip his way.

"Really?!" She asked in disbelief then she realized that her comment was rude. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it the bad way. What I mean to say is that your work is... marvellous." She rumbled on earning a chuckle from him.

"Thanks." He simply replied and opened the first door in the hall. He stepped back allowing Kelsey to go in first. She hastily entered the room and gawked at it. Mason saw the astonishment danced in her eyes as he placed the bags on the floor.

"Wow, this is bigger than our apartment." She whispered. "And it's incredibly beautiful!" She excited utter and grinned at him. It suddenly took Mason's breath away. Her white pearls seemed to brighten the room and that smile that reached her eyes just showed how happy she truly was. Mason was in big trouble and he knew it was going to be a struggle to fight off with his feelings. He just couldn't fall in love. Not again...

He removed his eyes from her captivating ones and cleared his throat. "So, the bathroom is there." He said pointing to the corner of the room where a door was placed on the wall. "With a walk-in closet inside. You can start unpacking if you want. My sister should be here soon." He informed her catching her of guard.

"Wait, your sister?" She asked as she suddenly felt nervous. Mason saw her panic as she bit the corner of her bottom lip and play with the pendant of her necklace.

"Relax, okay? My sister knows that the marriage is fake so you don't have to sweat it." He explained.

"She does?"

"Yeah, she didn't like this arrangement but it's the only way. She doesn't want to inherit the company and I don't wanna lose it." He stated.

Kelsey kept her head low and think of the possible names his sister's going to call her. Something along the lines of 'slut, whore, and gold-digger.'

Mason saw the anxiety in her face and he felt as if someone was repeatedly poking his heart with a tiny needle. He didn't like to see her nervous and upset and he also didn't like what he was feeling. It was not like him to react such ways. In fact, his employees sometimes called him the robot man because his emotionless.

"Hey." Mason softly said as Kelsey slowly lifted her head toward his direction. "It'll be fine. She won't say anything mean to you, trust me." He reassured her. Kelsey nodded her head in understanding and kept her head low once again. She then begun to make her way to the drawer with her suitcase tugging along behind her. She set it down and started unpacking.

"I'll leave you alone for now. I'll call you when she gets here." Mason spoke out as Kelsey glanced at him and nodded her head.

"Okay." She gently said with a small smile tugging along her lips.