Chapter 10 - Moving In

Mason pulled up in front of his condo and the valet boy was waiting for him to give his car keys so he could park it for him.

He twisted the key as the car's engine died and stopped roaring. He then glanced at the passenger seat, only to find Kelsey in a middle of a nap. Not wanting to disturb her from her sleep, he quietly shut the door closed and gave his key to the valet boy.

"Bring all the luggages to my room." He demanded as the valet boy nodded in return. Mason slowly opened the passenger door and unfastened Kelsey's seatbelt. He was having a debate in his head whether he should carry her in or wake her up.

He was contemplating on what to do and he decided to go with his first choice. He slid his arms behind her legs and upper back and lifted her up. Kelsey groaned and stirred but her eyes remained close. He carried her in his condominium and some of his nosy neighbours whispered as they pass by. He ignored them as usual and entered his private elevator that went all the way straight to his penthouse.

Kelsey felt her body moving and curiosity got ahead of her. She slowly opened her eyelids only to be greeted by the handsome face of Mason King. He was looking forward and didn't notice her awake. She took advantage of the moment and studied his face. His sparkling dark eyes, pointy nose, defined jaw, stubbled beard growing from his chin, and his perfectly shaped lips. She knew she was having wrong thoughts about him but who wouldn't? He sure was sexy in any possible way.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He muttered still looking ahead. Kelsey could feel the hot blood making its way on her cheeks. She knew that her cheeks were the same colour as a red tomato. She unconsciously hid her head on his chest and she could smell his scent. His manly, pine, rich cologne entered her nostrils making her addicted to the smell.

Mason tensed a bit as she leaned in closer to his chest. His heart was pounding against his chest and he was afraid she might have heard it. He looked down at her and saw how red her face was. She had her eyes closed and her cheek pressed against his chest. She looked perfect in his arms, like she belonged there. It seemed as if they were like jigsaw puzzled meant to be attached to each other.

"You didn't have to carry me..." She stated opening her eyes, meeting his hazel orbs. She was surprised that he was already staring at her. And she once again found herself looking away and turning red. "You can put me down now."

He hesitantly let her go and as soon as her feet met the ground, she fixed her clothes and straightened her posture. "Where are we?" She asked in wonder.

"My condo." He simply replied. Kelsey looked at the mini screen on the top of the door elevator indicating what floor the elevator was. The white light indicated 10th floor. She looked at the buttons and saw that there were fifteen floors int total.

An awkward silence fell upon the elevator as they impatiently waited for the door to open. When the ding sound of the elevator rang, Mason got out first and made his way to the only door in the hallway. Kelsey followed quietly beside him and released her breath that she wasn't aware that she was holding in.

She glanced around the hallway. It was deserted with a couple of paintings hanging on the cream walls. The light were fairly dimmed and and the floor was carpeted. Mason opened a box hanging from the wall and Kelsey cautiously watched him. The box opened and light illuminated from it. Mason punched in some code and Kelsey then realized that it was a device responsible to open the door to his home.

"Why don't you just use a key like any other normal people used?" She sarcastically commented rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"I need my privacy. You would be surprise how many people tried stealing the key to my penthouse and invaded my room." He answered as the door flicked open. He entered first and Kelsey followed after him.