Chapter 17: The Untold

Magsimula sa umpisa

I realized after a moment that I was saying too much and snapped both my hands up to my mouth as a pink hue spread on my cheeks in embarrassment.

The magician looked at me, the sides of his lips turning up. One could barely call it a smile, but I got the feeling that this was most emotions he had ever expressed. He looked back at Ayane-san and started stroking her hair once more.

"I see..... She is not alone anymore" he said in some sort of relief. "Thank you for taking care of her" He added without looking up at me, a genuine smile-like expression on his face.

"Then...you're not leaving?" I asked wondering. He stopped stroking Ayane-san's hair, still not taking his gaze off of Ayane-san.

"I have to" he answered. A short pause took place before he continued. "For her own good"

I didn't get what he meant, but before I could ask, he started to get up, careful not to wake Ayane-san.

I didn't know what to do, I just did what first came to mind and ran to the bed, putting my hands on his shoulders and pushing him down to try to stop him from leaving.

But the moment my hands touched his shoulders, his eye widened. He hissed defensively and pushed me to the floor.

Fear rushed through my veins again and I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, not knowing what would come next.

But when I felt that nothing was happening, I cracked open one of my eyes.

I saw Kuro-san clutching his chest in obvious pain. He bit his under lip and his eye was squeezed shut. His breathing started to become uneven.

I panicked once more and got up immediately. This time I didn't try to touch him as I saw what the first touch had caused. Though I really didn't do anything! I barely touched him. It shouldn't be my fault!

But that wasn't important now, I had to come up with something. Maybe give him a painkiller?

Then something strange caught my sight. A strange black pattern on his left arm. It was spreading downwards. Probably upwards too, but I wasn't able to see it due to his clothes and half-mask.

Kuro-san doubled over in a coughing fit, I just didn't know what to do and stared fearfully at the sight

At the coughing sound, Ayane-san was wild awake now. She looked around in horror before she locked her eyes on the form of the coughing boy.

"Wha-? Where's Hina?!" Ayane-san asked, looking at me. I shook my head to answer as I knew that Hina-san was not here now.

But luckily, the door banged open at that exact same moment, showing Hina-san who rushed instantly inside and Rin who was struggling to hold dozens of bags right behind.

*******

Still Youya's POV:

15 minutes later, Kuro-san was unconscious again. Hina-san gave him a strange syringe that made him forcefully sleep.

I sighed in relief.

"T- thank you, Hina" Ayane-san's shaky voice said as she held Kuro-san's hand again tightly.

"Don't mention it" Hina-san said with a sympathizing face while she put her hand on Ayane-san's shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. "I'm sorry that there is nothing I can do. I can't seem to find out what the problem is" Hina-san said in an apologetic tone.

A long silence took place as I and Hina-san exchanged worried looks.

"I see it's still the same" a voice said from behind, startling all of us. We looked back to the corner of the room where the least expected person was talking.

"Wha- what do you mean, Rin?" Ayane-san said while she stood up and headed toward said boy.

"The side effects" he said confidently, dropping the bags he was holding to the floor harshly with a loud thud to look directly at Ayane-san's sulky eyes. He took a big step over the scattered supplies that were in the bags and came face to face with Ayane-san.

Tension filled the air as they both stared at each other, a silence challenge occurring between them.

"What do you know?" Ayane-san said in a low voice. It was obvious that she was trying to contain her overwhelming feelings.

"Who knows" Rin snickered and shrugged. A maniac grin painted on his lips.

"You- !!" Ayane-san growled and clutched the collar of Rin's shirt with both her hands angrily

"You- !!" Ayane-san growled and clutched the collar of Rin's shirt with both her hands angrily. But Rin seemed unbothered by that and just continued with his provocative attitude.

Oh, how I feel this is not gonna end so well.....