chapter 55: to love, to hate

Start from the beginning

Jennie paused for a while to think as Yoongi headed towards the door.

"Remember to lock the door when you leave my house later on."

"Wait!" Jennie called after Yoongi. "You still haven't told me what interview you're going for!"

"You'll know later!"

"At least tell me where it is?"

"KBS Building!"

Jennie grinned as she leaned against the door frame, watching Yoongi board the lift.

KBS Building, here I come.

-•-•-

"You must be happy, huh."

"Hm?" Chungha wiped her mouth quickly and looked up at Hoseok. "What?"

"Tsk, you still got sauce here-" Hoseok muttered irritatedly as he shoved a piece of tissue towards Chungha's mouth. "You must be happy you found a loophole to the promise we made, hm? No more milk tea now, but tteoobokki instead? This is ridiculous."

Chungha pursed her lips, grinning a little as she wiped her lips once more and pushed the empty tteokbokki plate to one side. "It's free, why not?"

"I'm telling you, you better stop eating it if you don't have feelings for that guy-" Hoseok bit his lower lip uncertainly. "He's gonna get hurt one day."

"When did I say I didn't like him?" Chungha raised her eyebrows. "He's a nice guy, he has a good house and a good car, a stable job, super kind to me and at least, he has been treating me consistently well since the day we first met. Not like you, you only know how to neglect me."

"I treated you well at the beginning too," Hoseok said with a pout. "You never know how men are going to turn out."

"Yeah, exactly-" Chungha nodded. "I don't know how he's gonna turn out, but I know how you'll turn out - I've already seen how you turned out."

"So what?" Hoseok narrowed his eyes. "You like him now?"

"What do you think?"

All Hoseok could do was sulk. "But you're supposed to like me."

Chungha shrugged.

"And that's why you agreed to go on that date with him?" Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, getting more and more upset by the second. "Because you've decided to give him a shot?"

"Well-" Chungha shrugged again, raising her eyebrows too. "Bujang wanted to treat me to dinner, so why not? I won't know how things will turn out from there though."

Hoseok hesitated. "You're really going?"

Chungha glanced at Hoseok, before looking away almost immediately and settling with twirling a pen around in one hand. "Do you want me to?"

"How do I even have a say in this?" Hoseok swallowed hard, refusing to make eye contact with Chungha. "If you wanna go, there's no stopping you."

"I asked if you wanted me to go or not."

"It doesn't matter."

"But it does."

"If it really does-" Hoseok looked up at Chungha, his voice trembling. "If my opinion really did matter to you, you'd know my answer. You wouldn't have even agreed to go on the date in the first place. It shows that my opinion really means nothing to you... or maybe, I no longer mean anything to you after all."