[12]: Totsuki Training camp Arc

"So, where did you head out to last night, Hoshi?" Isshiki asked, starting a conversation to break the silence. Both of them are currently plucking some of the fresh tomatoes from the field he raised. It was early morning and it was quite rare for him to see anyone already up and about. But to his surprise, seems like Hoshi also have similar habits.

She smiled as she reply, "Well, you know how Souma will have his Shokugeki today? Yeah, so, last night I went to Don RS clubroom to help him with his preparation. Though, I bet he is still preparing his special ingredient till now."

Honestly, Hoshi was glad that she went to visit the clubroom last night. It was a complete mess. Though I guess it's given considering they have not finalized their dish until that moment. Thankfully, he still achieves his eureka moment right then.

Well, either way,

"So, senpai is this like your religious morning practice or something. Have been seeing you in and out of the field since a few days ago"

"Well, religious is a bit- but I guess that's accurate. Tending to a farm like this does need consistent maintenance. And honestly, it was fun"

Hoshi stared at Isshiki for a bit. Recalling how he was a genius, and fun is something he rarely enjoy when he was younger... Yeah, right. Hoshi decided to focus on the tomatoes in her hand, they do seem fresh and beautiful. She continues to pluck one by one. Both work in silence until,

"I think that's enough for now. Thanks, Hoshi for helping me with the work this morning. Usually, Megumi and a few others will be here helping from time to time. Guess they were a bit occupied today."

Hoshi nodded. She mulled over it before deciding to just drop the question.

"Senpai, can I ask for your help please?"

"Yes? Sure. What can I help you?" Isshiki looked back at Hoshi who was pulling a thread at the end of her sleeves. A contrast to her earlier calmed and focused state when working in the field. Hoshi continues.

"Well, I wanted to build a... greenhouse. A mini one if you could. I've asked some others and they recommend you, as you have the experience building some of it before."

"That I do. Tell you what, I can build it for you this weekend. And hopefully, we can get it completed by next week." Isshiki replies with a smile. Perhaps due to his assurance, Hoshi's face bloomed into a smile as if she was relieved. Isshiki would have never thought that she can be really nervous to ask for help when others have asked all the time.

"Thanks so much, senpai! I will help gather some of the tools."

"Sure, don't worry too much."

"Oh yeah, there's another thing!" Hoshi grinned. Her face shone with innocence, as she gestured for Isshiki to come closer. Isshiki make a puzzled face as he lowered his head. Taking this chance, Hoshi whispered.

A secret, a reveal- and Isshiki's quizzical expression turn grim.

-CS-

"Am I late?" Hoshi asked as she took a seat beside Sakaki Ryouko. Ryouko just smiles and shakes her head.

"Nope, they're just about to start" Ryouko pointed to Souma who was just taking out all the ingredients. Hoshi nodded and focused on Souma who had just taken out his main ingredient - striploin.

"Woah, lucky, he got them during the sale!" Hoshi commented, clearly feeling happy. Man, getting there just in time to buy the discounted one sure is lucky. Ryouko just looks at her questioningly.

"How is that lucky? It's cheap meat compared to grade A5 that Mito used?"

"Well, if this is a Shokugeki with the theme meat, then perhaps Souma will lose. There's no doubt that Mito has greater talent when it comes to meat and the best way to bring out their flavor. However, this shokugeki does not test on the meat but rather..."