[1]: Pre-Totsuki Arc

A 2-storey shop, not out in the open, but not completely hidden somewhere in one of the street markets at Tokyo. That is the very diner owned by an old couple at their 50's. A diner with aimed to provide warm hearty meals for the family and workers all around...

However, after closing their shop for the night, the old couple face was visibly distress. 

Yes, they are facing a huge problem. Opening of more diner and restaurants around this district seemingly have attracted most of their customers- and now, they may have to consider closing the shop due to this.

"Dear, what do you think we should do?" asked the wife- Kaoru Amemiya to her beloved husband. At this, the husband just shook his head, sadly. He said,

"Unfortunately, I have no idea, my dear wife. If we can't attract more customer by the end of this month, we might need to find a new life somewhere far from here..."

Listening to her husband replied, she just clasped her hand together. Hoping- praying that God will send them some kind of solution- a gift to help them resolved their current problem.

Thump!

Then, a loud noise suddenly heard from outside- which shook the 2 couple from their train of thoughts. Wary, Shuga Amemiya asked his wife to go behind the counter while he takes a look outside. He slides the door open- and was completely taken aback by the very thing he saw.

Kaoru, curious as to why her husband froze, decide to approach the entrance. Then, that's when she saw...

She saw a young girl laying in front of their shop, breathing heavily while hugging a small bag, visibly in pain. The girl then slightly cough, shaking the couple from their shock.

Exchanging a worried look, Shuga carried the girl inside, followed by Kaoru- carrying the bag and closing the shop for tonight.

They have a girl that they need to help.

-CS-

"An unfamiliar ceiling" was the first phrase they heard from the girl that they save last night. Hearing her voice, the couple walked closer to her and sat beside her bed. Noticing both of them, the girl sits up.

She had a pair of beautiful violet eyes- much similar to Kaoru's pair. However, those eyes were blank, as if that girl is still not fully adjusted to the world around her. Looking at this, Kaoru asked,

"Are you alright now young lady?"

The girl's mouth gaped open and close for a few time before she finally replied,

"Umm... I think I'm fine? I don't know. I can't seem to remember anything. Who are you? And why am I here?"

"Well, we're the owner of the shop downstairs and this is our house upstairs. My name is Kaoru and this here is my husband- Shuga. We found you unconscious in front of our shop last night"

"I see... I am thankful for your help. Very... and..."

"And?"

"And... do you... umm perhaps know who am I? I'm so sorry, I just can't remember anything"

Following her question, the old couple exchanged a worried glance. They are worried about the young lady. How can a girl- she probably in elementary school- having amnesia and faint with high fever in front of their shop last night?

"I'm so sorry, we don't really know who you are...wait!" all of the sudden, Shuga remember something. He asked them to wait for a minute and ran downstairs, taking the bag that was left on the counter and ran back to the room.