8

Damn everyone really do hate Josh's character in this, huh? Too bad I'm having wayyyy too much fun writing from his perspective ahahaha

The drive back home from the lake was awkward to say the least. I sat in the front with Sienna's mum whilst Oliver sat between the two girls in the back. No body said a word, expect Sienna's mum who kept asking me questions about my bruised face and disoriented manner, to which I kept deflecting. She offered to drive me to the hospital, but Sienna convinced her I didn't need to go even though it was clear that I was heavily concussed.

Pissed off that Sienna was once again fighting on Oliver's side, I slumped back against the seat and closed my eyes to try and block out the spinning world. I didn't understand why she was standing up for that loner once again, I mean the kid was clearly feral and dangerous. He almost knocked me out for crying out loud, and yet he was the one receiving all the sympathy! Hello, I'm the one who should be playing the victim card right now, not him.

Talking about the victim card, Oliver was currently dealing it out in the back seat. His trembling shoulders shook as his bruised knuckles covered his flustered face. Layan had her arm comfortably around his shoulders whilst Sienna's hand was on his knee, their eyes not leaving him like he was some kind of god or something. I scoffed, pulling my hood up to conceal the steam erupting from my nose and ears.

When we arrived at my house, I got straight out the car without saying thank you or goodbye. Call me impolite, but I'm not going to be civil with people who treat me like shit. They ignored me the whole drive home, so now I'm going to ignore them. If they give me the silent treatment, I'll serve it straight back to them on a golden platter. I watch the car reverse out of the driveway, huffing in distaste when Oliver's red-rimmed eyes catch mine through the window.

Stomping through the house, I ignore my dads questions and launch my body through the air and onto my bed. My head spins still, I roll over onto my side before tasting the bitter bile rising in my throat. Through blurry eyes I run towards the bathroom, bumping and bashing into multiple door frames in the process.

——————

Tuesday afternoon I swing by Sienna's locker, hoping by some strike of luck that she will be there. She isn't, which is reasonable seen as though school ended over an hour ago. You might be wondering why I'm searching for her after school, and the answer is that she always comes back at 4 on Tuesdays to use the schools dance studio. But I guess I'm too late so her lessons already started.

I groan, questioning why I even bothered coming. Sienna didn't even message me once over the weekend, or yesterday when I had to stay home due to my concussion. I got no apology from her, she didn't even ask me if I was okay! The least she could do was shoot me a quick 'sorry for being such a dick and ignoring you so that I could throw a pity party for the person who viciously attacked you' text. The only reason I'm here is to return the philosophy text book she leant me, I don't want to study from a book that belongs to a traitor.

Figuring that Sienna isn't going to show up anytime soon and too impatient to wait for her dance class to end, I decide to just go to the dance studio. All I need to do is find her and throw the book in her bag: simple.

I walk down the moth corridors slowly, enjoying the weird vibe that the empty school gives. Reality feels altered with no one around, like I've slipped into an alternate universe or something. I slip past the cleaner mopping the hallway, cringing as my dirty shoes stomp across his sparking clean floor. Oops.

I soon find myself in the arts department, a place I rarely come. To put it in simple terms, I'm a creative disaster. I can't paint, I'm completely tone death, I've got too left feet and I can't stitch anything without ending up in hospital. So yeah, you could say I'm not exactly the artistic type.

Creeping past the door to the dance studio, I quickly spot Sienna's purple duffel bag laying on the bench by the look in window. I sigh in relief, quickly checking behind me before rushing towards her belongings. Swift as a fox, I slip the philosophy book into her bag, promptly turning to leave but freezing on the spot when something catches my eye.

Through the studio look in window my eyes fixate on a gracious figure twisting as they leap through the air. Their elegant body contorts as they flip and move, emotions pouring from their fluid movements. They flow as naturally as the wind, limbs swirling and bending with such flexibility they can't possibly have bones. Unable to look away, I become absorbed in the transfixing sight. They... are beautiful.

My breath catches, instantly I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach at the beauty I see before me. I can't see their face, but I can feel their movements and their body. Oh god, I think I've fallen in love with this enchanting sight.

Broad shoulders remain tense and tight, though they move as if they are completely free. They spin around again, breaking the laws of gravity as their legs leap and split, body diving towards the floor like a dolphin crashing into the waves. Shaggy hair dripping with sweat covers their face, hiding their identity as I watch the muscles of their chest contract with their heavy breaths.

Suddenly Sienna moves onto the dance floor too, body moving along with the other dancer as their movements become one. They don't look like a duet, they look like one soul split between two bodies as they twist and twirl beneath the bright studio lights. I pull out my phone, hitting record as the pace of their dance slows. I stare wide eyed through the windows, I know I shouldn't look but I can't turn away.

They finish, limbs sprawled out on the floor like muppets with no strings. Slowly, the mysterious figure stands up. I duck below the window, curious eyes peeping up to see more. I'm hungry for more, starving even. They push back their long, wet hair with shaking hands, body reaking of adrenaline. I glance up at their face, eyes widening as I once again connect with those deep, brown eyes.

Oh my god.