18

I was sat at my usual lunch table with my usual crowd, tuning in and out of what my friends were saying. Recently, I've been stuck in my own head quite a lot and I'm not really sure why. Okay, that's a lie, I know exactly why: Oliver. Oliver Sykes. The boy who only a few weeks ago I knew nothing about, presuming he was the boring, study obsessed nobody that his reputation makes him out to be, but somehow have managed to become infatuated with.

I say infatuated because quite honestly I still no close to nothing about him, yet I feel as if I am falling in love. He's hot and cold, pushing me away one minute but kissing me back the next. There's just so many things about him that still don't add up, too many blank spaces that I can't quite fill. Like why he has become all shy around me again since that night when he showed me his routine in the dance studio, that night when his personality seemed to completely flip and he was confident, open, and cracking jokes at my expense. Was that side of him all a facade?

I was confused about him, but falling for him none the less. It's strange and usual to fall for someone you're not already friends with and don't know much about, yet here I was doing exactly that. I swear this kind of thing only happens in romcoms and shitty romance novels, he was literally the mysterious yet somehow attractive boy who steals the main characters heart. The main character is me, by the way, if you didn't already get that.

"Dude, look whose just walked in." Jordan nudges my shoulders, snapping me back down to reality. I hum in acknowledgement, following his gaze to across the dinner hall to a table by the wall.

My eyes catch sight of Sienna's tanned complexion and dark eyes as she sits down, blond curled hair flicking over her shoulder dramatically. Next to her is Autumn, her mouth full of crisps whilst she excitedly talks to Sienna. Eww gross. Across from them is Oliver, his presence seeming ignored by them both as he looks down at his phone screen, eyes hidden behind a curtain of long hair. I wonder who he is texting, shit what if it's another boy?

Ugh, Josh, you're not even dating him yet, you can't get jealous of other boys already! I mentally slap myself across the face, feeling my cheeks flush slightly from my own embarrassing thoughts. Seriously, I'm already getting possessive over this boy and we've only kissed a few times, and I'm not even one-hundred percent sure he even likes me as a friend yet.

"The quiet ones are always the freakiest in bed you know." Jordan smirks, making me scrunch up my nose in disgust at my best friends weird comment.

"You're disgusting." I scoff, punching him in the shoulder playfully as a blush rises to my cheeks at the thought, dirty imagines immediately filling my hormonal teenage mind.

"Dude, you're literally blushing." Matt points out, joining in on this humiliating conversation. I roll my eyes, so done with them and their obsession with my dating life.

Back when I thought I liked girls I didn't realise how gross their talk about girls and sex was, but now every time they brought up all the 'birds' they've been talking too lately I've had to repress the need to gag. Makes me wonder why it took me so long to figure out that I wasn't into girls like they were, or maybe I have subconsciously known for ages but didn't want to admit it to myself in fear of how others would react.

"That's because he's in love." Jordan coos, voice overly high pitched before he starts making obnoxious kissing noises, leaning close as he tires to kiss my cheek. I swag him away with one hand, using the other to whack a laughing Matt hard on the arm.

"I'm not in love!" I groan in embarrassment.

"Then why were you drawing love hearts all over your worksheet in English today?" Lee chimes in, making us all jump as we all remember he's sitting with us. The guy is like a ninja I swear, so quite we don't even realise he's there most of the time, not that that's a bad thing. Having someone so quite is good for our group, it almost balances out how obvious Jordan, Matt and I are when we are together. Almost.