🥀High for this

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ MENTIONS OF DRUGS AND DEPRESSION! PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOURE SENSITIVE TO THIS TYPE OF CONTENT.

Y/n's POV • 1:54am
I sat up as I realized I fell asleep on my couch. Memories from before I fell asleep flooded back to my mind. I was high as fuck. I sighed as I got up and walked into my kitchen.

I opened the pantry and grabbed some crackers. I walked upstairs into my bedroom and sat the crackers on my dresser.

My phone was also on the dresser. I noticed new notifications.

Grayson D.
iMessage: I'm coming over. I want to make things right.

I checked what time he sent that at.

12:23am

I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to fight the tears. Grayson and I dated a while back. He broke up with me because of an argument that we had that was stupid. I guess I wasn't enough for him. I loved him with all my heart and I still do. After the break up I was completely shattered. I fell into a deep depression and here I am now. 4 months later and I'm still a mess.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I made my way downstairs. My vision was blurry but I didn't care. I opened my cabinet and grabbed my jar of weed.

I started rolling a blunt as I played light music in the background. I finished rolling and set it on my table I then went and got my lighter from upstairs. I grabbed my blunt and lit it up.

I sat on my couch where I was just sleeping and smoked. I was almost done with the blunt and I still had a heavy feeling in my chest. I decided to look for something stronger. Last week, I got some LSD I wanted to try it but I feel like right now is not a good time. I'll have a bad trip.

I rolled another blunt and started smoking it. I heard a knock on my door and instantly knew who it was.

Grayson.

He's going to get so mad at me right now. Oh my gosh. I put the blunt back on the rolling tray and turned on my fan. I then opened the front door and there he was.

The man who broke my heart. He looked up into my eyes. My high fading away in the moment. His beautiful eyes were so soft. I examined his features for the first time in a while. I noticed his black plain hoodie and his grey sweatpants. You know what they say bout them sweatpants 👀.

"Hey" He said softly.

"Hi." I smiled cheekily. I was happy to see him and I'm also higher than a bitch so yeaaah.

"Can I come in?" He asked while examining my features to.

"Y-yes" I said moving out of the way and letting him inside.

I closed the door and watched as he looked around and sat on the couch.

I remembered I left my blunt in the kitchen.

"I need to grab something real fast okay?" I told him before going into the kitchen and putting the whole rolling tray into my cabinet

"Since when do you smoke?" I heard him say from behind me causing me to jump and turn around slowly to meet his eyes.

He looked so disappointed.

I instantly felt guilt. I didn't want him to be mad at me or anything. I felt my high fading away as I worried more. Well that was horrible weed.

"I- I'm sorry you had to see that" I apologized looking down. I couldn't look him in his eyes.

I felt his hand gently lift my head up to look into his eyes.

"Why?" He asked with hurt in his eyes. Grayson really big on sobriety and so was I. I just needed to numb all the pain. It's a stupid excuse.

"I was just-" I felt my eyes water as I hesitated on telling him. "I'm just so broken. Things aren't the same anymore." I say whilst moving his hands off my face and walking away into the living room.

"Y/n there's other ways. W-why didn't you tell me I broke you? I'm so fucking stupid for this" he said getting angrier with himself.

I turned off my music.

"It's not your fault Grayson" I said. "I chose to do this in the first place. It was a stupid mistake." Tears were threatening to come out of my eyes but I held them in.

"I'm sorry." He said before embracing me into a hug.

I love his hugs. I inhaled his scent and wrapped my arms around him. Memories of us flooding my mind causing me to break. I cried into his chest as he just rubbed my back.

I held onto him as long as I could, fearing this was the last time I could hug him like this.

"I love you" he whispered into my ear and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too" I said into his chest. I missed this.

I was really tired but I didn't want him to leave.

We went into the kitchen and we silently made a late night snack just enjoying each other's presence. I turned the music on again so it was softly playing in the back.

"You don't have to cry let me wipe your eyes...I promise you will always be mine"

After we heard those lyrics we both looked at each other and smiled. Something we would do all the time. If the song matched the vibe or situation we were in we always thought it was funny.

We ate our food at the table. After eating I felt my eyes being droopy from how tired I was.

"You tired?" He asked softly

"Yup" I said smiling at him.

He grabbed my hand and we walked up to my room. I crawled in my bed and threw my blankets over me.

Grayson came over to me and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

Euphoria. Happiness. I finally felt the feeling I've been searching for. This whole time. I don't even want to get high anymore.

"Can you stay here?" I asked him.

He smiled and then took off his shoes and his hoodie. He then slid in the sheets with me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I instantly felt fulfilled. My eyes closed and I slowly drifted to sleep.

••••••••••••••••
Thank you guys for reading love you
-l.c.