Beat 19

It's today, this the day that Taehyung will fight with all his strength to live.

His parents and Jungkook are now standing outside the operating room while Taehyung is lying on the stretcher.

The Doctor give them time to say good luck for Taehyung.

"Taebear, be strong you can do that okay? Me and Dad are always here" his mom said holding his hands, Taehyung just nod and smile, his parents move aside to let Jungkook move closer to Taehyung.

"I'll be waiting for you so make sure you'll come back and drag me anywhere again" Jungkook said holding Taehyung's hands

"I'll try Kookie" Taehyung said smiling and squeeze Jungkook's hands before he let go and transferred to OR.

--

Taehyung is now lying on the bed inside the operating room.

"Mr. Kim please close your eyes" one of the surgeon said.

They start to inject anesthesia to Taehyung that cause him to lost his consciousness, they start connect the cardiopulmonary bypass and the machine that will monitor his heart beat.

"Scalpel" the surgeon said, the nurse give him the scalpel and they start the open heart surgery.

--

Outside the operating room is Taehyung's parents and Jungkook waiting.

Jungkook is busy looking at the floor with no reason when Taehyung's mother approach him.

"Jungkook, here Taehyungie asked me a favor to give it to you before his surgery" Taehyung's mother said and hand him a purple envelope with cute bunny stickers.

"He told me to let you read that in case he didn't make it" Taehyung's mother said patting his shoulder and leave him.

Jungkook stare at the envelope he's hesitating to open it, but he still decided to open it.

Hi Kookie!

Well I greeted you but this time I can't drag you around cause the time you read this I'm inside the operating room with machines and surgeons around me.

I want to tell you before we met at the hospital I'm actually been curious about you, you can't blame me, I always see you at school alone with your books.

By the time I talked to you, I already know we'll get along well in the future, you're awkward but funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋ that what makes us get along so well.

I want to say thank you though, I know saying thanks through letter can't make up all the time you spend with me but I still want to say this to you. Thank you so much Kookie, I mean it.

The time you told me you love me under those beautiful fireworks is so sweet, it's the first time you called me by my name so I'm so happy that I want to tear up, I'm sorry I didn't answer back cause I want to tell you my answer when my surgery is done.

But in case I can't make it, I want you to remember that I'm always there for you that I'm always watching you even though I can't bother you anymore at the library when you're reading, even though I can't drag you anywhere when my cravings strike.

And when you feel sad, I'm always there ready to give you the biggest hug of all even though you can't feel me anymore.

If ever I can't make it, don't wait for me anymore, I'll let you know my answer through this letter.

I love you Jungkook, always 💜

–Tae :)

"I love you more Tae" Jungkook mumbled and burst out crying.

--

The surgeons are done with the operation, they already done stitching Taehyung's wound, everything's alright and smooth until *toooooooot*

"Code Blue!" the surgeon exclaimed.

"Ready the AED" the surgeon said and ready the device.

"Clear!" the surgeon said, the electric shock run through Taehyung's body, but his heart still isn't beating.

"Clear!" the surgeon tried again.

"Clear!" they tried again and again but Taehyung's heart isn't beating.

"Time of d**th 12:01am" the surgeon said looking at his wrist watch and sigh.

With Taehyung's single tear drop.

~★~