"Fighter RA25-8 is clear for take-off." A static voice sounds from the speakers on the dashboard.

"Rodger that." Saros says into his microphone.

Without a proper warning, the entire spacecraft hums loudly. Percy's stomach drops as they take off into the air in an instant. The ground quickly shrinks from the windows, and Percy closes his eyes, feeling queasy from the sudden movement.

The trip wasn't too terrible, as long as Percy didn't look out the window, they were all good.

There wasn't much to speak about; they overviewed the mission and Percy learned how to use the signal tracker that traces to the spacecraft in case they got lost, and to the distress signals from the CSRU.

"As long as you have that thing, you should be fine." Saros explains to him. "Don't lose it though; Galexia would kill me." Percy chuckles and tucks it into his pocket. It was much like an iPhone, but solely for tracking purposes.

Percy smiles. "Don't worry, I'll keep it safe."

Elara was busy tapping along a holotablet(name given by yours truly). She had the frozen map of the planet, and critically looked over it, as if looking for something. She didn't say much for the majority of the ride—not that she needed to.

They were already above the atmosphere of Zibara and descending. Percy couldn't help but see the vibrantly warm color grade of the planet from the window. It was like a permanent autumn if he were to describe it.

Percy curiously examines her wings. This is the second time seeing them, but there was something about them that brought a sense of nostalgia. Has he met anyone with wings like those?

No, he'd remember if he did. But the gut feeling tells him otherwise. However, right before he tries to ask questions—

The loudest bang! sound Percy has ever heard startles all three of them in their seats.

Saros' eyes widen as he struggles to keep the spacecraft under control. "What the—"

Alarms start blaring, and the spacecraft shutters and coughs smoke from the view in the window.

"Mayday! Mayday! This is fighter RA25-8, we've been hit by an unknown object." Saros calls into the microphone of his headset. Percy clutches his chest tightly, feeling his heart pounding furiously into his chest.

When no response comes, the tension in the spacecraft rises. Elara glares at the pilot before checking the dashboard and system failures that Percy could barely recognize.

Then they started falling.

The second they reached the inside of the atmosphere of the planet, Percy's stomach get left behind.

Saros yells several curses as he tries to keep the plummeting spacecraft steady. Percy practically glues himself to his seat, trying not to vomit from the neck-jerking movements and the possibility of imminent death from falling several miles above a planet he's never been to.

"Elara!" Saros yells over the alarms and flashing lights.

"I'm working on it!" She calls back, eyes closed, concentrating on whatever she was trying to do. Percy's heart is about to run out of his chest, the ground is far too close for comfort at this speed. If they were to make contact, that would be the end for him.

A Moment of Stars | PJO Chaosजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें