Unexpected

I.J.N Yamato

How much you will sacrifice before you realize that the path you took was one that meant your demise? How much will you lose for turning back? For me the answer was simple, it was everything. Yet if it were not for such calamity, I would still would have been living a lie and not realize the truth of what my country faced. It was possible to revert all of this, but I required some assistance from a rather unlikely ally.

It was twelve years ago when I required that such aid, they were not the typical men I was accustomed to. I was revered as if I was the emperor himself, I was respected, I was in a sense royalty to my countrymen. But they... they were nothing like them, they in a way even help contempt towards me.

The first thing they ever did was storm the quarters in which I as well as my dear little sister and the royal family took refuge, they were taller and much more physically different than the royal guards. Not even a single one took at least a moment to acknowledge me nor the emperor at the very least.

That was when I finally met him, he emerged from the group of soldiers with an entourage of destroyers and other smaller ships. He seemed mesmerized by my appearance yet intimidated as soon as he saw me.

"You dare march into our quarters without showing your respects? Choose your words wisely and maybe I shall make your death quick and merciful..." I asked with a clear disdain for the young naval officer.

 "Bold words for someone who is in need of help..." he said with a weary demeanor before his eyes fell on to the young emperor who attempted to hide his anxiety. The soldiers as well as the naval officer gazed upon his majesty like wolves to a lamb.

 The soldiers as well as the naval officer gazed upon his majesty like wolves to a lamb

 "You must be the Emperor... Apologies for such a sudden welcoming committee..." he said taking his officer's cap off before bowing respectfully. The Emperor merely nodded as he could not understand the gaijin.

 "Given how you two are dressed... you must be his concubines..." the naval officer said as his accompanying soldiers searched the quarters.

"How dare you! You march into the emperor's quarters wit-"

  "Quite the sharp tongue you have, not to mention your boldness to have reached this far with so little firepower mister..." Musashi interjected only for him to bow slightly once again.

 "I am Captain Matthew Duncan Watson, commander of the newly formed seventh strike fleet and you are?" he asked rather flustered, yet my sister seemed all the more intrigued as she extended her fan.

  "I am non other than the mighty Musashi, I was not expecting my commander to be this small~ But do not worry dear, Musashi will cater to all of your needs as long as you do not disappoint me." Musashi said with a wink, causing her new apparent commander to place his cap on once again before tilting it downwards to avoid further embarrassment.

 "W-well I am glad to have finally met you Musashi, I was expecting you two to have been scuttled rather than being lead by an eagle union officer..." he said with a tired smile.