CHAPTER 31: Time is of the Essence

Start from the beginning

All in 10 seconds.

Wow, thought Midoriya, They're good.

As they made their way down the hallway to the exit, Hagakure managed to give a thumbs up behind her shoulder. Now's my chance!  Quietly as possible, Midoriya tiptoed his way to the tech room, ignoring the frequent CLUNKS of his thick leather boots. The dark space was three times the size a regular office, filled with cardboard boxes and open computers on a lengthy desk. About 36 blue screens hung from the walls on the left, all displaying different angles of different rooms.

Midoriya made his way inside, and 3 cops inside the room turned their heads towards him. The green-haired teen did a clumsy salute.

"Hello, um, officers," he managed.

One of the officers stood up from his rolling chair and came over to inspect Midoriya. His smile was friendly.

"Hi," he said, "Are you a newbie?"

"Uh, I'm—"

Another officer eyed him suspiciously.

"Don't be silly, he's too young," he said, "Looks like you're still in high school."

"W-Well, I—"

"And the recruit meeting was yesterday morning," he added, "If my memory serves me well, I don't remember seeing curly green hair at the meeting..."

The other 2 guards started to tense up, and immediately the atmosphere got darker. Midoriya thought he was going to pass out. Should have thought this through. Oh God.

"Hey," said the same guard, "Who are y—"

"Are you questioning my authority?" Midoriya said suddenly. His green eyes glowed brighter than ever, lighting up the dark space.

The guards had a look of confusion on his face. Midoriya was just as surprised as they were. There it goes again, his villainous personality had taken over his mind. He was about to stop himself, until he realized...Maybe I could use this.

"I can't believe you're looking at me right now. You are below me," he snarled, "A disgrace to the department. I should have you fired right now."

The first guard's eyes widened.

"Wh-What are you—"

"Don't you recognize me?" Villain Midoriya said, "Or do I have to remind you again, you brainless lowlifes?"

The guards exchanged a look, but no one answered.

"I'm the chief's son," he declared, "And I'm here to monitor your duties."

All three men froze in fear and two of them immediately went back to doing their daily routines. One of the officers bowed in front of Midoriya in a sincere apology.

"I'm so sorry, sir!" he cried, "We were wrong to assume suspicion on you! It was the, um...sunglasses! I didn't recognize you under those. Please, don't get me fired!"

Midoriya grabbed the guard by the collar and scowled at him.

"Then get back to work, you lazy ass," he said, "'Cause I got a jail cell reserved just for you downstairs."

The guard nodded with violent speed. When Midoriya let him go, he scrambled to his desk, and typed on his laptop. Midoriya scanned all the computers. At first, it was hard to keep track of everything, since there were 36 screens, but Yaoyorozu was right. He was able to make out Kaminari in under 15 seconds.