CHAPTER 31: Time is of the Essence

Start from the beginning

"As student president of class 1-A, I should be discouraging this behavior," Iida stepped in. He spoke robotically "But Yaoyorozu is correct. Kaminari was—is a friend, and it's time to take him back to us. The real Kaminari.'

Midoriya looked up at Yaoyorozu, who gave him a reassuring nod.

"Alright," he gave up, "I'm in."

.......................................................................................

Yaoyorozu:

Does everyone have their headsets in? Good. Now, you're all going to follow my instructions very carefully. There's a particular reason I picked today for the operation. According to the information I have gathered, the police will be officially locking Kaminari up for good at 1:00pm today. It is now 9:00am, so time is of the essence. If Kaminari is locked up, we will only be limited to short interviews behind a glass wall and constricted chair for the rest of his life. Obviously, the police won't hand Kaminari over to us kindly, so we gotta do this the hard way.

We need to have complete control over Kaminari in order to bring him back. What...? No, Sero! We are not going to first tie him to a tree and shave his head off! This is serious! And stop the laughter, everyone, we have to concentrate.

Objective #1 is to go upstairs, where the tech room is. Once we get in there, we should have access to all the cameras, and all the technology. We'll be able to find out where Kaminari is in this giant building. However, there's a security guard protecting the door. He knows who's allowed in the tech room, and who's not, which is a problem. We need him to get out of the way, but we can't harm him.

Distractions are Mina and Hagakure. You two are the biggest chatterboxes of the class, so you'll come up with something to get the guards' attention.

Once they drive him away, Midoriya, I'm going to need you to sneak in the room, disguised as a working officer. Since you recently got hit by Kaminari's illusion quirk, you'll be drawn to him the most, which means you'll be able to detect his location the quickest in that room. Hide behind the back wall of the hallway, and wait for Ashido or Hagakure to give you a thumbs-up.

Nobody questioned this plan, and everybody began to act immediately. Hagakure, Ashido, and Midoriya took the elevator to get him. Hagakure and Ashido snickered as they glanced Midoriya up and down.

"Nice costume, Izuku," giggled Hagakure.

Midoriya flushed a deep red as he glanced down at his disguise for the hundredth time. He was dressed like a total cop, dark navy blue collared shirt and trousers, and a police ball cap. His fake golden badge shone brightly on his right side. Yaoyorozu had made that costume for him as a disguise, but Midoriya would have much rather preferred sneaking in with his casual wear. As the elevator went up, Midoriya had a slight headache. He held his head in pain, but tried to be as silent as possible, as to not worry the two girls. Ever since getting kidnapped by Kaminari, he'd been having migraines and headaches, and personality changes. He knew he definitely shouldn't be walking about right now, but it was either stay on a bed and suffer through migraines all day, or...be useful somehow. 

I wonder if Todoroki is okay, Midoriya thought. Hopefully, the guy didn't go through to much for Midoriya's sake... 

When the elevator doors opened, a long, narrow hallway was revealed in front of them. At the very end of the hallway was an exit that led to the set of stairs. On the left side was a row of glass windows, and you could see practically most of the town. Not a good place for people who were afraid of heights.

The right side was just a wall, but there was one buff, security guard who stood in front of a small metallic door. Must be the tech room.

As instructed, Hagakure and Ashido marched forward down the hallway, while Midoriya hid behind a large pot of plants. He peaked out over a green leaf to watch the distraction procedure. He couldn't tell exactly what was happening, or what anybody was saying. Basically, what he saw was: Ashido fainted, Hagakure wept and cried, the security guard panicked, and then they both dragged Ashido's body away.