Then, an emotionless voice from behind him replied, "Don't make me laugh. In that showdown, you weren't serious at all. You didn't make one of your speciality dishes. For you, that's a safe bet, isn't it"

Isshiki looks to his side where Ibusaki stands. Maintaining his ever smiling face, he said, "I don't know what you're talking about. I did put my best effort into cooking you know"

"Hmph, what a cunning senpai. Though, it seems that his cousin is not so ignorant- seeing her eyes after she served her dish." then Ibusaki heads back to his room, leaving isshiki senpai there.

Isshiki reminiscence the look on Hoshi's face last night. Her face may say that she was satisfied, but her eyes reveal the truth of her true inner thoughts- that for her, that dish was far from perfection.

He smiled- truly this year, 2 very interesting students have been admitted here. He knew that they will be the trigger that causes Shokugeki blooms. He wondered how their arrival will change the whole tide in this academy.

'I'm looking forward to it, souma Yukihira and Hoshi Amemiya...'

-CS-

It was some time after the class ended, in one of the research room owned by the Miyazoto seminar, one could see two figure chatted peacefully.

"Miyazoto seminar is truly interesting. Thanks for showing me around and introducing me to them, Marui-kun."

"I'm happy that you are interested in. If you wanted to join, don't hesitate to inform me alright. Also, thanks for helping me clean up the mess from last night. Those guys always, always left like that"

"Haha, is that so... it's alright, if it happened next time, we will make sure that all of them stay to clean up. Alright then, I wanted to go to south-east Asian cuisine society next. Bye Marui-kun and have a nice day"

"Y-yeah, you too" Marui shyly nodded. Hoshi just turned around, leaving the seminar while thinking of the next society she will visit. The south-east Asian cuisine society is also known as Seasoc. It should be interesting- there will be a lot more recipe that she can use for research. Thinking that makes her grinned from one ear to another.

She then headed to the third floor of the building, where the supposedly Seasoc clubroom located. At first glance, it looks like a normal room used by research society. Feeling excited, she greeted with a smile as she slides the door open.

"Hello! Is this the south-east Asian cuisine...society?"

She immediately closed the door. She must be hallucinating. She saw a black witch laughing as she stirred a cauldron? And there are trees that give you the impression of tropical forest.

She re-read again the signboard hanged outside- it is clearly the Seasoc clubroom. Then, someone greeted her from the back.

"H-hello, are y-you interested to join the Seasoc?" she immediately turned around only to see a slightly taller girl with blond hair. She seems to be very shy. But... oddly familiar. Is she one of the mentioned characters in the manga?

"A-are you ok? Y-you looked blanked just now?" she timidly asked, worried about the girl who suddenly stared to an empty space. Hoshi just shook her head- it's probably just an overlapping memory- she concluded.

And so she said, "I'm so sorry, my name is Hoshi Amemiya and yes, I'm interested to join the research society. Though... the room"

"Ohh, y-yes, well... they have their own research... A-and we designed it s-so that it reminds you of tropical forest."