seven.

I was playing in Cassis's room. After the welcoming party, I spent a lot of time with Cassis.

Previously, I preferred not to run into each other this way or the other, but not now.

On the contrary, I don't know why we became impatient with each other.

No, technically not each other, Cassis alone, was picking on me.

I was enjoying a doll's play near the bed where he lay.

The dress the doll was wearing was not much different from what I actually wore. Moreover, even the jewelery that the doll wore was real.

My father...

I really like these expensive toys.

I laughed at the doll.

"Evelyn."

Then Cassis called me while looking out the window.

I flinched and raised my head, like I had been caught doing something I shouldn't have done.

Then he pointed to the vase placed by the window. As if it were a new realization now.

"The flowers withered in the vase."

"That's- you know."

Cassis added on when I replied bluntly and touched the doll again. The voice was very soft and muffled.

"There are lilacs out there. Can you break it for me?"

"....."

Do you mean a flower crown now?

"Um~ Let's tie our hair now."

I deliberately fiddled with the doll, pretending I didn't hear him.

Then Cassis breathed a long sigh and spoke to himself.

"The flower in the vase is dead. Will I die like that?"

"....."

Psh. I'm not going to listen this time, though.

I combed the doll's hair with my back turned, fearing that I would fall for his words again.

But I couldn't ignore what Cassis said.

"Looking at the lilacs blooming outside, I think I'll be able to live a little longer..."

"All I have to do is break the lilacs, right?"

I eventually wavered and rose from my position.

Okay. It's about a flower. What's the big deal? Let's just go.

Cassis shook his head with a very desolate smile.

"I'd like a nice color, please. Evelyn."

I have a strong conviction.

A strong conviction that Cassis is a guy that gets sulky easily and is a narrow-minded jerk.

I badmouthed Cassis, picking out lilacs and breaking them with gloved hands.

Fair, what's all that. If he wasn't sick, I would have just kicked him back and throw him all the way to Lake Emmel.

I was so irritated that I muttered inwardly.

His intentions were obvious, but the level of harassment was not high, making it difficult.

I'm more likely to be seen as a bad kid who doesn't care about sick kids.

"Be patient, you have to be patient. It's the male lead."