fifty-six.

An invitation arrived to Monstera Castle.

The news was that the emperor was having a banquet to celebrate his birthday.

In addition, it was an invitation sent by Duchess Urquio herself by writing a letter of recommendation.

I and Cassis were left in Monstera Castle because it was a banquet that could not be accompanied by children.

Count and Countess Monstera seem a little excited to go to the capital after a long time.

They said they would stay for about a month in the capital.

"You have to get along with Cassis while Mom and Dad are gone, all right?"

"Yes! Don't worry, we won't fight and we'll get along!"

When I answered energetically, they still nagged me with concern.

"For the time being, Baroness Forem has decided to stop by often to take care of you two. If anything happens, send an emergency report, listen to Thomas, and don't dismiss your escorts if they bother..."

Aish. How many times have I heard this?

I replied to the nagging that felt like a scab in my ear.

"Yes, yes. I get it."

My parents worry a lot.

Maybe it's because they haven't been away from me for a long time.

The birthday banquet was a big festival that lasted for a week.

They were happy to be invited to such a festival, but they felt sorry for leaving me behind.

If I were an immature Evelyn, I would have troubled my parents by complaining that I wanted to go with them.

I thought of my image in the original novel and shook my head as my parents spoke.

Then Cassis held my hand tightly and reassured Countess Monstera.

"Don't worry. I'll take good care of her."

"I'm a little relieved to have Cassis here. Do you need anything from the capital city? I'll buy it on the way."

"I'll think about it."

Cassis smiled softly and declined. It was an euphemism of him saying he did not want anything.

"Mom, please buy Cassis and I a lot of presents!"

I shouted quickly. Then the Countess nodded with a warm smile.

Soon after, the carriage carrying the Monstera couple left the castle and disappeared farther away.

I waved my hand for a long time and then turned back. Then I smiled.

Hehehe. It's my world.

I was happy to be completely out of my parents' shadow for the first time.

I asked Cassis cheerfully, feeling all better.

"Cassis, would you like to go get some ice cream?"

"Didn't you eat earlier?"

That was before, this is now!

"You can eat again! There's no Mom or Dad."

I shouted with great dignity.

"No. Your teeth will rot. Besides, what if you catch a cold again?"

"If you brush your teeth well, it won't rot, and I'll catch a cold only if I want to!"

"You've already had two today."