forty-six.

[note: short story recap will be in the afterword since i haven't updated in 2 months! sorry and i miss you guys!!]

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Yes. I should. Of course, I will pay you back when I return."

Edward replied with a warm smile. It was a face that said he wanted to repay the kindness he received.

It just happened to be a good thing. If you want to do that so much, I can only tell you how to pay back.

I slipped up on the story of the relic landfill he spoke about earlier.

"Um. By the way. I didn't understand what Edward said earlier because it was too difficult, but my dad is also interested in the relic landfill. He's been looking for a scholar lately..."

"Count Monstera?"

"Yes! But I don't know the details either."

When I turned around and said, Edward was delighted.

Perhaps he was glad to be able to repay me with his major.

Actually, it would be faster for me to tell Edward that Boris was discussing business with my dad, but it wasn't something a 10-year-old could say.

At this time, children were more interested in delicious food, toys and accessories that they could experience right away rather than business or relics.

So it was funny to remember the business story that my dad talked about.

Just this much was right.

Edward thought for a moment to ponder, then spat out with a confident voice.

"I can help you with that. Although I am now such a sloppy man, I was once a professor at Radium College."

"Ahh. Where you were cut because of Boris?"

"...Yes."

Edward replied sullenly to my innocuous stabbing.

I blinked and laughed awkwardly.

It was because I spoke senselessly like a child without even realizing it.

Anyway, he was a professor at Radium College. It seems that the gentleman's academic background was better than I thought.

Radium College was a well-known prestigious school recognized in Carthamir.

In addition, he was a geographer and seemed interested in studying the landfill site.

If Count Monstera was frustrated with Boris's misinformation in the original story, he might, on the contrary, be able to get Edward to sponsor the project smoothly.

Count Monstera will trust Edward as he is sure of his identity.

Is this feeling like I got lucky trying to avoid misfortune?

I talked, determined to take Edward to Count Monstera.

"Yes! Then I'll introduce my dad to you tomorrow!"

So, please make a lot of money for my house!

Edward answered firmly to my words.

"I'll do my best to help you."

***

"Hmhmhm."

I hummed and concentrated on making a snowman.

I started to make a snowman while waiting for Ephelius, and I wanted to make it well.

I put two snowballs together, but it was plain because it didn't have a face.