Cabir had delineated the entire conversation to Mukti and Abhimanyu. Mukti's face was covered with tears by the time Cabir ended his narration. Before she could say something,

Dhruv : Manik kaha gaya?

He voiced his concern as his eyes fell at place that was occupied by Manik a few moments ago but was now empty. Everyone's eyes widened in worry. They had all been so engrossed in their own pain that they had failed to notice when Manik had left the waiting room. 

Alya : Hum.. Hume Manik ko dhondhna hoga. Hum sabse jyada dard Manik ko ho raha hai. Kahi woh apne aap ko kuch…

Alya couldn't complete her sentence. Even the thought sent shivers down her spine. 

Cabir : Woh apne aap ko kuch nahi karega Alya. Aur hume usse dhundhne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Woh wahi gaya hai jaha usse sukoon mil sakta hai. Woh sukoon jo shayad hum try bhi kare toh bhi usse nahi de payenge.

Manik's brain had shut down and refused to think the moment Dr. Arohi said that they should prepare themselves for the worst. Instinctively, his feet had found its way to Nandini's room. She was the only person who could provide some kind of comfort and relief to his racing mind. He found himself standing outside her room. His heart was throbbing wildly against his chest. With trembling fingers, he twisted the doorknob. But nothing could have prepared him for the sight that awaited him on the other side of the door. The hospital room was as devoid of beauty as Manik was of hope. The walls were cream in colour. In the middle of the room was the bed where Nandini lay, unconscious. Her frail body was attached to numerous types of needles and machines. His heart ached at the sight of his girl hooked to all the machines and needles. The only sound that echoed in the room was the incessant beeping of a monitor, indicating her steady heart rate. Taking baby steps, Manik walked towards Nandini's bed. He sat on the stool besides her bed. He blamed himself, innumerable times, for her fragile state. 'This is all because of me,' he mentally cursed. He entwined their hands and stared at them. He couldn't face her just yet. Tears had started to roll down his cheeks. A drop of tear fell down on their entwined hands. A part of him hoped that she would wake up and kiss his pain away. But a major part of him knew that it wouldn't happen. 

Manik : I'm so sorry Nandini. Yeh sab meri wajah se hua hai. Agar mei apna promise todkar subah nahi gaya hota toh yeh sab hota hi nahi. 

He kept his forehead on their entwined hands and sobbed. 

Manik : I'm so sorry. It's all my fault Nandini. It's all my fault. 

He lifted his head to look at her. He hastily wiped off some of his tears with the back of his free hand. 

Manik : (in between his sobs) Mei.. mei late na.. nahi hona chahta tha Nandini. I.. I thought I'll be back even before you wake up. Lekin….

*Flashback*

The sun rays disturbed Manik's sleep. He woke up to the most beautiful face in the world. Nandini was sleeping in his arms with a soft smile spread across her lips. Manik's eyes crinkled at the edges and the corners of his lips turned upwards on seeing Nandini's serene face. He carefully untangled himself from her. He adjusted the blanket on her body and got up to draw the curtains together so that Nandini's sleep isn't disturbed. He went back to bed and sat besides her. He tucked the few strands of hair covering her face behind her ear to get a better view of her face. The grin didn't leave his lips. He bent down and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead. Nandini's smile widened in her dormant state, as if she was awake and aware of Manik's gesture. He could stare at her beaming face forever. An idea struck his mind. He looked at the clock on his phone. It said 7:30am. He quickly got up from the bed. He didn't want to leave Nandini and go but he promised himself that he would be back even before she wakes up. He left the farmhouse and walked towards the road that led him to a florist he had seen the evening before while in the car with Aryamann and Dhruv. He had hurt Nandini a lot and although she had forgiven him, he wanted to do something for her as an apology for his outrageous behavior. And what better way to do so by surprising her with her favourite flowers! Since he wasn't familiar with the surroundings, this was his only option. All the way, Manik was in a mirthful mood. As he reached the florist, he asked the florist to make a bouquet filled with red and white roses, just as Nandini would like. While he was waiting, he spotted an old woman across the road. She was struggling to walk. He told the florist that he'll be back in a minute and went to help the old woman.