Brother's Best Friend

Start from the beginning

At around 1 Nini heard a knock on her bedroom door. "I was starting to think you weren't going to come," Nini said as she opened the door to let Ricky in. "I'm so sorry EJ refused to go to sleep" Ricky.

Nini didn't respond; she just grabbed his face and kissed him. This was a longer, more passionate kiss. "I didn't get the chance to tell you that I like you too. Like a lot." she said when they pulled away. Ricky just smiled before kissing her again.

"I think we need to talk about this though" Nini said sitting on her bed, Ricky joining her soon after. "About what" he asked, giving her a confused look. "Me and you" she said, "I mean come on your my brothers best friend, and he's really protective over me, and if he knew i was dating you he would probably kill you before you can even say his name"

"Look I like you so much. I don't care what EJ thinks and if he's gonna beat me up then, so what." He said standing up to emphasize his point. She joined him by standing up and ran her hand along his arm in an attempt to comfort him. "I would like you to preferably stay in one piece." she said, chuckling slightly. Then what if we just don't tell him. Then we can be together and I stay in one piece. Okay" he said opening his arms asking for her to hug him.

She was quickly engulfed in his embrace. "Okay" she mumbled into his chest.

"So Nini Salazar-Roberts will you be my girlfriend" Ricky asked once they pulled away. "I would love to" he said getting on her tip-toes to give him a kiss.

This started a month long romance that was filled with lying to EJ about their whereabouts to go on dates, sneaking out of study halls to meet up, and face time hangouts after EJ went to sleep.

1:36 am

1:36 am

"You look really cute right now" he said and she blushed. "Stop"

"God I love you" he said smiling and rolling his eyes before looking away from his phone not noticing the words that slipped out of his mouth.

Nini was in shock. She didn't know if she misheard him or if he actually said it. And if he did say it did he actually mean it.

"Oh.. umm.. I-.. uh" Ricky stuttered realizing what he had just said. "I didn't mean to say that. I mean I do, but I didn't want to say that like this"

"You're so stupid" Nini said, and Ricky's face fell.

"Why did you have to say that over face time cause now I can't kiss you after I tell you I love you too" Nini said smiling at Ricky who had a much more happy face than before.

"You can come kiss me if we meet up somewhere" Ricky said. "Ricky it's almost 2 am that's a terrible idea. I can't sneak out"

"Okay, what if I meet you at your house then your technical not sneaking out only I am" Ricky said, practically begging her. "Okay fine meet me in the backyard, but you have to be quiet I don't need anyone waking up."