Chapter 18

Adelaide

I began to tremble, it wasn't my fault. I didn't ask Wade to lie, but I was going to pay for it. "We're getting to know each other" I try to reason, a pain shoots through my head, stars burst over my vision as Samual's punched the base of my skull. "Please" I plead as I try to get my vision back.

"Your brother's going to feel it ten times worse, see that as your tiny taste" I turn to him suddenly. My vision swam at the sudden movement. I grab at his sleeve "Please, no. Give me a few more days, please." I felt bile rising in my throat and I suddenly wished I hadn't eaten. Sweat sprang over my skin, a cold sheen as I try and keep the nausea at bay.

All of a sudden the fabric I had been holding of Samual's shirt was ripped from my fingers. Everything was swimming and the nausea was getting worse. "Adelaide, you don't look well" Wade's voice floated somewhere above me. "No, I think something has disagreed with her. Maybe take her to bed son" I shakily stood and couldn't keep it in anymore. I bent over and acidic vomit left my mouth, I just hope I missed Wade's shoes.

My feet left the floor and I felt like I was being carried. Tingles engulfed my body, so I could only guess it's Wade, "I'm sorry" I mutter, I felt better for vomiting but my vision was refusing to clear "It's OK, don't like these shoes anyway" Wade's voice above me, I groan. Wade's warm body is actually not helping, I feel like I need coolness against my skin. And soon I get my wish, cool sheets are under me.

My vision's starting to clear as Wade pushes a piece of hair from my damp forehead. I hear him shuffling away, water being run. Then something deliciously cold is put to my head. I sigh. I instinctively take the wet towel from him and put it to the back of my head where it hurts. I hiss as I put pressure on the swelling "Have you hurt your head?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm sorry" finally I can see Wade's face.

Well I can see two of Wade's face, but it's better than the blur of colours I could see before "How many fingers have I got up?" I try to focus on his fingers but I'm seeing many hands in front of me "4? No 8? Hold on, how many hands have you got?" I shake my head trying to clear the multiple Wade's, it's bad enough having one!

"You must have hit your head while we were running this morning. I'll stay here tonight, make sure you wake up tomorrow".

I giggle "Oh, I wonder how many chests you have right now" another giggle. He sighs and I feel a kiss on my temple "I think you're a little delirious princess. I'll be right back, I'm just going to grab some clothes" Wade's many faces retreat from my view as he leaves the room, the smell of sick also retreats.

My eyes snap open, the sheets sticking to me with my own swear I had another bad dream. I hadn't realised I fell asleep. My head pounded and I groaned with the pain. I felt the back of my head, the lump was gone so it was healing nicely. I was still wearing the dress from the night before so I quickly stripped and went for a shower. I dried off in the bathroom and was drying my hair with the same towel as I headed to the closet "Morning Princess" I screamed and span around moving the towel in front of my naked body.

Wade sat smirking from the sofa in the corner of the room. "What are you doing here!" I look down making sure I'm covered. He chuckles "Making sure you woke up. You hit your head and seemed quite out of it"

"Oh, well thank you" I look down, embarrassed. I remembered Samual punching me, I remembered vomiting. "Are you feeling OK?" a note of concern had entered his voice. He stood and now walked towards me, I took an instinctive step back. "I'm fine, Wade, I'm quite indecent, please. I'll speak with you when I am dressed" I felt vulnerable with just the towel clutched in my hands.

He stopped walking "I apologise" He spun on his heel, his back to me. I go to the closet and quickly dress in jeans and a blouse. Wade had resumed his place on the couch "I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to make sure you were OK. I was worried" I sit on the edge of my bed closest to the sofa. "It's OK, I should have been wrapped in a towel. 'A princess should always be decent, even when alone'" I recited the words my mother had drilled into me since I was small.

Wade cocked his head "I didn't know there was a rule even when you're alone" I let out a harsh bark of laughter

"Technically there is a rule for when I breathe. A rule for when I shit, a rule for when I fuck" I clap a hand to my mouth realising what I just said. My eyes wide in horror. Wade also has a look of shock before he bursts out laughing. He flings himself back into the sofa and howls of giddy joy leave him. I'm too mortified to move let alone laugh.

He takes in raspy gasps as he's trying to control his laughter, tears have streaked down his face "It wasn't that funny" I pout. I've never said something like that to anyone but Jesse before. I had completely forgotten myself. Forgotten where I was and who I was with. "I'm sorry" he pants, a smile plastered all over his face "I didn't think you swore"

"I do lots of things people don't expect of me" I shrug.

"Like?" he's stood and approaching me, I shift uncomfortably. He sits next to me, waiting patiently for a response.

"Well, I train, I climb trees. I spar." I shrug again. I don't want to tell him about me. I don't want him to get to know me. I know I only have a few days of my own freedom left. As soon as he's marked me. I'm his whether I want it or not. I would never be able to find my own mate.

I feel tears prick at my eyes. "Wade, I've still got quite a big headache... I don't want to be rude. But I think I need some quiet". Wade smiled and stood

"Anything for you princess, maybe get some rest" he closes the door quietly behind him. I get up and lock it.

I crawl under the sheets and cry. I cry for the life I could have had if circumstances were different. I cry for my brother, my dear innocent brother.

Christopher

I let in the smallest breath I can. Everything hurts. I don't know why they keep kicking me. I'm good. I haven't cussed ones to them. But they still kick and hit me. My tummy hurts. These silver things keep cutting my wrists.

"Hey buddy" Oh good the nice man is here, he only pretends to kick me. I try to talk but my chest hurts. Why does everything hurt? The nice man looks sad. "Here, I brought you water" a cup is put to my mouth. The cold makes my lips feel better. I drink and my neck feels a bit better. "Can I go home?" my voice doesn't sound right. It's quiet and croaky.

"Soon buddy, just keep being a good boy. You know I told you not to make anyone angry?" I nod but stop. My head hurts.

"Try and eat this buddy" he puts something in my mouth. I can't chew. I swallow and it hurts my neck. He gives me more water which makes it feel better. He gives me some more food, until he says he has to go again... he always has to go. Why doesn't he save me?

Please Vote, comment and share :)