Chapter 6

"Surprise In The Making "

The drive home was silent for Larry and Alex. He kept replaying in his head what the doctor said about the baby still being small ! He reached over grabbing her hand in his squeezing it thightly, she turned to look at him struggling trying to hold back his tears .

Alex : Mon amour everything will be okii, I don't want you to worry about anything! I'll take the medicine and get the rest that's needed okii...

He didn't say a word pulling into their driveway, he kissed her hand before letting go getting Lilo and LJ out of their car seats. Elo was right behind him with Nia sound asleep in her arms, Alex just sat in the car for a minute before she struggled trying to get out !

Lau and Chanelle were pulling up and saw Alex struggling, "Lau go help Alex, I'm good "!

Lau got out the car rushing over to help his sister. When he got to the car he could see Alex holding her stomach in tears.

Lau : What's wrong sister ? Why are you crying and where is you husband!

Alex : He took LJ in the house. I think he is mad at me Laurent, the doctor gave us some good news and bad and now he is very upset with me !

Lau : I no care what you doctor say, he can't be this mad at you Alex ! Come on I will help you in the house okii...

Just then a real bad pain hit Alex in her stomach bringing her to her knees, Lau was trying his best to catch her but she fell out of his grip landing hard on the driveway! Chanelle screamed as Lau was trying to pick her up, the pain was so intense that she passed out. Chanelle and Mama B rushed over to help her while Lau grabbed his phone calling 911.

Larry heard the screams and ran out the house to see his wife on the ground not moving. He ran at top speed to get to her.

Larry : What happened? Why is she on the ground like this, baby can you hear me please open you eyes for me !

Lau : She said you mad at her mon frere because of what the doctor said ! What did the doctor tell you ?

Larry : He said that the baby is small and that she has a bladder infection. Why would she think I'm upset with her!

Lau : I know no Larry but the ambulance is on it's way.

Just then the paramedics pulled up loading her on the stretcher pulling her in the back of the vehicle, Larry jumped up climbing inside with her holding her hand !

Lau, Chanelle and Mama B got back in the car heading to the hospital to be with Larry.

~At The Hospital~

They rushed Alex back starting to work on her while Larry was left alone in the waiting room. They finally pulled up at tbe hospital, they rushed inside seeing Larry with his head in his hands crying rocking back and fourth.

Lau : Larry have you heard anything yet about Alex ?

Larry : They just rushed her back ! I no understand what's going on anymore, her heart is good and things were going good with this pregnancy! Why are we back here in this hospital if my wife is doing okii ? (Breaking down )

Lau : I know no mon frere, but just try and think positive okii.

Mama B : Larry I no want to see you upset like this . You married a strong woman that can handle anything, non it hasn't been easy but she pulled through. We will say a prayer for my daughter, you wife and leave it in God's hands !