Chapter 170: Achroous (EP. 01)

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

  𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞.

╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 | 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲

"Aiden, you knew this moment would come."

"I-i... I know.. But.."

"But what?" Magoo's frown deepened, "Face it. Our predicted outcome would've turned out slightly better if we could've told her earlier. But no–no matter how many times I tell you that IT'S TIME, you'd be like this."

"Why don't you try to put yourself in my place, then?!" The fire wielder's voice was harsh and seething, and the sweltering General felt the mellow room's temperature rise to a few degrees.

As if the burning heat of the sun passing through the polished windows couldn't be enough, dew-like droplets of sweat raced down Magoo's ruddy face as he watched the fire king sweep the silly fringes of his hair away in distress.

The older man knew that it was partially, and colossally, his fault. Things still would have turned out the way it beautifully did even without this dispensable challenge he once gave him, but the potential effects caused by this unsaid sin will only grow more calamitous if they won't seize it now.

The words ‘It's now or never’ had never sounded so terrifyingly important. The dark roots sprouting in their conscience are already so unbearable.

However can they deal with this any longer?

Every inch of his body is electrified with apprehension, and he wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and—if he could still. Oh no.

The petrifying thought of his predictions coming to life swarmed his paradoxical mind, and it only augmented the intensity of the impenetrable swelling his heart kept doing. It pulsed, it thumped, and most importantly; it ached.

It would definitely ache more.

More, more and more.

"You think it's that easy?! Huh?!" He almost roared, and Magoo swore he saw the vibrant glow Aiden's eyes radiated.

The General always had a high tolerance in keeping his temper in check, so the King of Arendelle's outburst didn't really made him jump. But the perky, frightened flinch he didn't manage to conceal already signifies his anxiety.

"You'd say I have absolutely nothing to lose, but Magoo, I DO HAVE SOMETHING TO LOSE!" Tears finally came into fruition, and guilt bloomed throughout Magoo when the fire king unashamedly broke down onto the cushion of his chair with a weakening whisper.

"I.. have someone, to lose."

But Magoo's determination to push over the edge didn't falter. Taking slow, pensive steps closer, the General gathered all his power to have the courage to grip his former prodigy's broad shoulders, and he felt like he grasped this entire man's life.

Everything just seemed to depend on her.

His happiness. His life. His soul. His sanity.

Fragile, ruinous, tragic, devastating. All the horrible yet beautiful things love can be.

"She has to know the truth."

"I'm not ready. Neither of us are," Aiden gritted his teeth, "I cannot just simply tell her how I once accepted a bet to play with her heart for two weeks and didn't back down immediately; not after that dance. How close we grew. I'm not strong enough," He bit his lip, "Not after everything we've been through."