Chapter 1

College. The stage where we have our first taste of adulthood. This is the time in which we move out of the care of our parents and start the long process of talking care of ourselves and adapting to the new lifestyle. It might be terrifying at first, but we learn to grow with it as we try to pursue our dreams. Getting more mature as we experience new things in life.

That's what Lia is going through. She graduated from highschool not long ago and finally decided on leaving for college. Most people take time to decide on whether they should go to college. Some even take a year to fully make a decision. But not Lia. As soon as she finished highschool she immediately made up her mind on going to college.

That means leaving for another place, leaving the place where you grew up and leaving your memories there. But it's all for the sake of her pursuing her dream.

"My baby Lia is leaving for college." Lia's mother hugged her.

"I'm not a baby anymore mom." Lia said as she hugged her mother back.

"Have you packed everything Lia?"

"Yes ma, everything is all set."

"Group hug everyone!" Her sister yelled and reached for her mother and little sister.

The family of three then did a group hug letting their emotions out.

"Too bad your dad isn't here to see you off for college Lia." Her mother utter mid crying.

"It's okay ma. I'll come visit here when he comes back from work." Lia replied as she wiped her tears.

A sound of a honk blared outside making the small family hug end.

"Nayeon eonnie is already outside ma. I should go."

"Okay dear remember to eat healthy food while you're there okay?"

"I'll be the healthiest student there for sure ma." Lia smiled at her mother and flexed her arms.

"I'll be going then."

Lia then took her backpack and pulled her luggage and started walking towards their front door. As she turned the knob she stopped from the sudden call of her sister.

"Lia! Wait up!" Her sister called.

"What Jeongyeon eonnie?"

"Okay. I know you have no place to stay while you're there yet." her sister paused and took a piece of paper in her pocket." So here." Her sister took the piece of paper and gave it to her.

Lia furrowed her eyebrows.

"What is this eonnie?" Lia asked.

"Just go to this place there's a boarding house in it. I already informed the owner for your arrival so just go there and say that you're my sister and all is good."

Lia looked at the piece of paper which has an address of the said boarding house written on it.

"What about the rent? Is it expensive?"

"Well about that. I dont really remember, but I do remember that the owner is a guy so just go there I'm sure the owner would give you the price for the rent."

"Sure eonnie thanks for this." Lia smiled at her sister and hugged her one last time.

The sound of a car honked again making Lia end their hug and hustle up on going outside.

"I should go outside eonnie. Your girlfriend might lose her patience."

"She won't. Don't worry, because if she does she'll be punished tonight." Jeongyeon looked at her sister with a sly smile while wiggling her eyebrows.