Chapter 3

"Yes?" Me. He was then smiling by the time I say yes and where does that sincere smile come from. And believe me, it was strange because his smile was virulent. I smile back, and for the moment it feels like we're the only person who exists in the world. What was wrong with my head, what am I thinking?

It was only us, we're staring and smiling at each other and the music from the car played (I'm not giving up ost from five feet apart) and all of a sudden I laugh because it feels like we're in the movie. I didn't know what's funny but I am laughing. Maybe because of the song or maybe because of our moment? It makes me laugh more when his face turning red as a tomato.

He was just there smiling and looking at me and say nothing. It was cute I just discover something from him, he had dimple and flawless teeth which makes his smile perfect. He was shining. And, I did realize that he was way more attractive than William and Carlos.

I can feel Bridgette was looking at us.

"Oh, yeah. Emmm, Thank you Marie. Drive safe." - Igor. He didn't smile when he said that to me.

"Anytime and thank you. Keep that smile always Maricon." I look at him before he got out of the car and I was still giggling. I never thought that weird guy can talk and smile like that. There's something with his smile and eyes, he was so cute and adorable. Perhaps I was just imagining something. I saw him at the doorway of their apartment, I wave my right hand to him and he nods his head before go inside.

I drive the car while grinning until we reach home. It was fascinating thinking I make the weird guy out of his world for a moment and learn something cute about him.

____________________________________

It was my day off. I woke up early in the morning go for a shower and take my breakfast. Sometimes I feel that I waste a lot of time accomplishing nothing during my off and after work. It's been 4 months, part of having second job was my longtime plan. Maybe I can go around town and looking for a second job or else do some volunteering.

Sometimes the neighborhood gives me extra cash for taking good care of their pets like, give them a walk and look for their pets when they are out of town. But please no kids, I hate kids. It's not that I totally hate kids. I like them 'cause they are so cute but what I hate the most when they poo and crying. Especially when they cry it was so annoying which gives me a headache.

I asked permission from my landlady about borrowing her daughter's bicycle. I did tell Bridgette yesterday that I don't need the car tomorrow since I plan to go to the downtown by bus and bicycle.

"Good morning young lady." - Maam Hanna. She was still look beautiful and young thought nasa fifty siya. She loves healthy living. Siguro yun yung sekreto to look young. Kasalukuyan inaayos niya yung mga bulaklak na nasa front yard. She also loves flowers.

"Good morning Hanna. I'll be going to downtown, maybe I'll be late to go home." - Me. Sometimes, hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit kailangan ko mag paalam. Kung tutuusin hindi na kailangan, but I just feel na I need to let her know.

"Oh Marie. I have a friend this morning telling me about this animal shelter that needs some volunteers for this coming summer. I might think your interested since you mentioned it yesterday." - Hanna

"Oh wow, I appreciate that. Where?"- Me. It sounds interesting.

"The only animal shelter we have here. I think it's better to have it here than going downtown. It only takes 20 minutes by bicycle, also it'safe and convenient." - Anna.

Well, it takes 15 minutes by bicycle lang naman than going to downtown by bus 1 hour then another 5 minutes by bicycle to the animal shelter na inquire ko dati but yun nga lang may oras yung bus kung hindi ko mahabol yung oras maiiwan pa ako. Nakakatakot nga lang kasi walang masyadong bahay papunta doon but maybe I should give it a try.