Like a Good little Pet

"It's because you are under arrest Mr. Zoldyck."

What the fuck?

"Excuse me?" I asked with a bunch of surprise, raising my right brow and moving my face a little to left as if to portray I didn't hear him right. Never showing what else was going behind my calm façade.

He suddenly gave me a small, half-hearted smile and said "sorry, I was just messing with you I hope you didn't mind". Bastard.

"I felt this conversation was becoming too gloomy for such a lovely day today so I thought a little joke wouldn't hurt anybody; again I hope you didn't mind, Ford. I can still call you Ford, can't I?" he said light heartedly still smiling; though I can see right through his conniving little smiles.

You were still trying to analyze me weren't you? To see if I show any fear in my eyes or a touch of my nerves breaking with my sweat. Oh Richards, if only you knew that you were only about to get your life messed up big time.

Good thing I remained composed and showed all but fear, which I don't really have; at least not from these desperately devoted public servants.

Maintaining my aura of flawless confidence of innocence I simply replied, "No not all. It was funny; confusing if anything. And of course you're still allowed to call me Ford; Its not like you're trying to prove me of this murder. Are you, lieutenant?" I asked with a smile looking at him.

"Oh no not at all", he said remaining in eye contact with me. Liar. A good liar; though not as good as yours truly. "And just call me Daniel".

"Sure. Daniel." I simply smiled a little.

"I think we are about done here. Sorry to have taken your time for so long." They all stood up so I did too. "We can count on your cooperation if we need to follow up with you further for this case, right?" he asked as I was shaking hands with him and his otherwise silent unresponsive friends.

"Yeah sure you can. Anything to help you catch whoever did this to such an innocent young girl. I hope you get to him before he gets someone else." I replied. If anyone with half a brain heard me they would have asked how I could conclude that this was the work of a more habitual killer, or -to put a name to it- a serial killer. Though, no such thing could be expected of his cretin of subordinates. Nonetheless I was a bit put off when even the great Lieutenant Richards' spidey senses didn't tingle. Either that or he did a good job appearing unaffected. No fun probing you this time, man.

"Yeah, Innocent? It may be a strong word to throw around these days", he simply quipped with wisdom-ish look on his face.

Yeah bro, like I don't know.

"Pardon me?" I asked.

"Never mind, and don't worry too much about the killer. We are very close to catching him. You could even say we already got him", he replied. Though I'm quite sure I know who he's talking about but the look on his face gave away the subtle hints of peculiar.

Well, who gives a shit; just do what I designed for you to do, little puppet.

"Well that's a relief. Can't help but commend you of your good work, lieutenant. I must say that was quick. You trying to set some kind of record or something?" I said jokingly. Nothing wrong in me trying to probe him for a little inside info; he's been doing it to me, ever since he got here, hasn't he.

He chuckled a little. "Not really, we are just doing what we are entrusted to do, and paid."

Dubious fuck9r; wouldn't let loose even a little.