Chapter 1

This is my first time :) My Girls wanted me to write down this dream I had about werewolves so here's my attempt at writing fantasy...lol. Sorry I have not fix the grammar mistakes yet.I just wanted to get the story down...Still making changes please feel free to leave comments

Chapter 1

I had that dream again. No, not the one where I win America's Next Top Model. Hey don't laugh, it could happen. I'm talking about the other dream. It started when I was 13years old. Three major changes happen in my life that year. The first event I was led to believe was a rite of passage for girls marking that we were now considered women. In my 13 year old mind I thought something wonderful and amazing was about to happen. Instead, I spent 5days in agonizing pain eating a box of Mr. Good bars that my father bought me.

This brings me to my second event. First let me start off by saying all my life, everyone called me a "little Pixie" because I was so much smaller than everyone else. Werewolves tend to be tall. I was the adored little waif, until I turned 13 and grew 8 inches in one year. Then I was called that "Tall gangly girl", or my personal favorite "baby giraffe." Trust me, it's quiet a fall from the top, to the bottom.

The third event was and still is the most disturbing. Overtime, I got use to "Aunt Flo" visiting and I grew into my height and even added some curves to my mom's delight and to my dad's dismay.

The dream however, still haunts me and over the years it's gotten worse. People say you don't dream in color. Well I do. The colors are vivid and bright. I can distinguish every smell, every sound. It feels so real; I used to think I must have been walking in my sleep and ended up in the forest behind our house. A couple of times I even woke up with dirt on my hands and knees. Of course if I had really left the house my parents would have heard it. I just don't have an explanation for the nights I wake up like that. Some nights I'm afraid to close my eyes for fear I might not wake up in my bed one day.

The dream always starts off the same. I'm running through the woods, faster than I would ever thought I could run. My heart's pounding painfully in my chest and the fear is threatening to overwhelm me. I can hear footsteps behind me, gaining on me. I can hear them talking, three voices. One sounds older, confident. "he must be in charge" I thought to myself. The other two voices were harder to make out but they sounded younger than the first. "Fan out, She couldn't have gotten far" That order can from the one I considered the leader. They're hunters. Hunters are the enemies of my family and shifters everywhere. "Why were they hunting me?" I asked myself. "I'm human, were they trying to use me as bait against my parents?" All these thoughts went through my head. I had no answers, just more questions. My main priority at this point was to stay alive.

I stopped running and listen carefully for any sounds of my attackers. I quickly surveyed my surroundings. "Bingo" I said to myself. I quickly made my way to a small muddy pool of water and began to place the cool mud on my skin. "This should slow them down a bit" The hunters were equipped with thermal imaging devices. The cool mud would only fool the device for a short while. I turn to take flight again when my foot snagged on a root of a tree and I fell. Pain shot through my ankle and I struggled to get up. Gingerly I put weight on my ankle and almost immediately removed it. Dread and despair filled me. I was a reasonably good fighter, but with three tracking me the odds were not in my favor. Just when I start to accept my fate, he's there. Mason Sinclair. He's always there. He enters thru the clearing west of goddess stone. There's nothing that direction, I don't understand how he could have come that way, but I'm thankful he did. My joy is short lived. My best friend just walked into a trap and I was the bait. I look at him and whisper,

"Mason, hunters, 3 of them. You have to get out of here." My voice shook, raw with emotion. I don't want to be the cause of my best friend dying. I'm so exhausted, my legs start to shake. Before I could hit the ground, he was at my side.

He cocked his head to the side and grinned with that lopsided sexy smile of his. Yes, even at 15 Mason was considered sexy. Grown women flirted with him. He once told me his was raised to be a gentleman he had to flirt back, he couldn't bear to hurt a lady. Yeah right! Looking back on that it made me smile. Even in our current predicament.

"You summoned me princess," He said with a wink. "I believe you gave me extra fortification for this battle." He drawled. I looked at him in fascinated horror. Is he delusional? OMG, what is he talking about? I summoned him?

"Mason get out of here!" I screamed. Realizing I might have made a small tactical error. Okay, a BIG tactical error. I just gave away our position. But he was making me CRAZY just sitting there like he had nothing to worry about. I, on the other hand was terrified. My heart was beating so fast I could barely breathe and I was in real danger of throwing up.

"That's right River, bring the fight to me. Good thinking, I can conserve my energy instead of me looking for them, their coming to us" he said lazily. I had an overwhelming sense of doom. Nothing I said or did could change the events in the dream. I always tried to warn him and he never listens to my warning.

Then in a flash he goes from being calm and serene, to an intensity that nearly burns my soul. His wolf is fully in charge now, and I don't mind saying I'm scared. Before, I can utter a word his pulls me into his embrace and inhales deeply. If I wasn't afraid before and I'm utterly terrified now. Suddenly, he stills and set me slowly away from him. His eye's glowing furiously.

"Run" he says before he shifts into his wolf form, and then charges my pursers.