"Why don't you go shower before we talk?" Xavier suggested, "You're dripping wet and covered in mud from when you fell. You can borrow some clothes." 

"I'd like a shower, actually. I'm pretty cold." I shivered, my wet clothes clinging to me. 

"Follow me." He nodded, setting off down one of the hallways. 

He lead me up some stairs, heading into what I could only presume was his bedroom. I blushed, glancing at the bed. What I wouldn't give to... No, Cameron. Focus on getting answers. This guy might be dangerous. For all you know, you could have just set foot in a serial killer's house. He may be charming, but Ted Bundy was charming- that's how he lured people. 

Xavier didn't even glance at the bed, heading straight for his closet. I followed after him, gasping. It was absolutely huge. The whole closet was basically the size of my bedroom, lined from floor to ceiling with black shelves. He headed for some drawers, pulling them open to reveal a bountiful collection of hoodies. 

"Take whatever you like- shirts and sweatpants are in the drawer underneath that one. I'll turn up the heating for you." He told me, "Bathroom's through that door there. Did you want anything to eat?" 

"If you're having something." I nodded, "Thanks, Xavier."

"You're welcome. I'm just... I'm nervous." Xavier whispered, his eyes meeting mine. They were swirling with strong emotions that probably matched what I was feeling right now.  

"Me too." I revealed, "I need to know, though."

"You're right. You do. I'll be in the kitchen when you're done." Xavier let me know before disappearing back down the corridor. 

I looked around, hesitant. Was I really about to shower in this strangers home? I guess today was all about pushing me out of my comfort zone. I chose a band tee, a hoodie and a pair of jogging bottoms that had drawstrings, since they wouldn't even stay up otherwise. Xavier is ridiculously tall and muscly, so these were definitely not going to fit. 

I stepped into the bathroom, spotting a tower of clean towels on a shelf. I took one, placing it near the shower. I turned it onto the hottest setting, letting it warm up while I undressed. I double checked that I had locked the bathroom door- not that I thought Xavier would stoop that low anyway- before stepping into the stream of hot water. 

It relaxed my muscles, warming me up after the rain had frozen my skin. I looked at the products he had in his bathroom nosily, selecting which ones to use. I made my shower relatively quick, since I was anticipating the conversation coming up. 

I stepped out of the shower, towel drying myself quickly and pulling on the clothes I had borrowed. I was right about the joggers- they were much too long and far too baggy. I had to pull the drawstrings tight around my waist to ensure they stayed up, the t. shirt coming down to my thighs. 

I was secretly obsessed with it, though. His clothes were so comfortable and smelt like heaven to me. They smelt exactly how Xavier smells and I wondered if his bed smelt like that too. Would it be creepy to lay down on it for a second? Definitely. 

I decided against it, sliding the hoodie on and leaving the bathroom. I was planning to just go and find Xavier, but I couldn't resist a snoop. After all, he could be a killer. His bedroom looked relatively normal and plain- he had several pictures on his dressing table, but that was the only defining feature really. I presumed they were family pictures, since they featured the same few people in them and they looked related. 

I pulled open the top drawer of his bedside table, expecting to see condoms or something. Instead, I only found a book and a pair of reading glasses. Boring. He would look sexy in a pair of glasses, though. I shook those thoughts from my head, deciding to just leave the room.

I retraced my steps, heading down the hallway and the staircase until I ended up back at the front entrance. The house had a pretty open plan in this section, the living room and kitchen combined into one large room with high ceilings. Xavier turned around to face me the second I appeared in the doorway, his face softening at the sight of me. 

"Am I allowed to say that you look adorable?" He breathed, seemingly stunned.

I blushed, shuffling from foot to foot awkwardly. I wasn't sure how to take compliments from such a hot man- especially in such an intimate environment. I knew I was here for answers, but it certainly felt personal, being in his home. 

I crossed the room, stepping into the kitchen section and looking at what he made. I grinned- he had made eggy bread. It was one of my favourites. He plated it up, sliding one to me as he dug into his own. I took a seat at the kitchen island, digging in happily. We ate in silence, only speaking once we had both finished. 

"Ready to talk?" He sighed, receiving a firm nod from me.