"What? No! Of course there is nothing going on with us" He said.

"Gordon, I might not have spent enough time with you in my previous years, but I observed you and I know when you're lying" I said, "You can tell me" I put my hand on top of his.

He stood up fixing his shirt, "No, there is absolutely nothing going on between us" He said.

"Fine. One last question"

He sighed, "What is it?"

"Is she here because she wants to?" I asked.

"We're not forcing her. Her pathetic excuse of a boyfriend is and I think he's forcing her into a lot of stuff apart from being here" He said through gritted teeth.

That's disgusting.

I gasped, "Why don't you do something to help her?"

"Because we don't have proof of what's happening and she won't tell us"

"You're right I guess. I'll find a way" I said confidently.  I couldn't let her suffer. She was such a kind girl and she didn't deserve that.

"You can't save everyone. Sometimes you need to let it go" He said.

"You let it go. I won't"

"Amara-"

"No, now leave" I said crossing my arms.

He sighed and exited the room, "Eat your food" He said before closing the door behind him.

________

I was still on my bed hugging my pillow waiting for a call or any sign of Ryder.

I was starting to miss him really bad. Made me wonder how I went on for years without him.

Okay, now I'm getting too much.

The phone I had been given rang and I excitedly picked it up without even checking the number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey sweetheart" I heard his deep voice on the other end making me smile.

"Finally! You called!" I said getting a little too happy. I didn't want him to know how much I'd missed him.

I shouldn't show him that I care so much.

I had mostly let go of what he did in the past, but I was still a little mad about it. I couldn't suddenly start acting like it never happened.

"Someone missed me" He chuckled.

"No, I just got worried" I said.

No, I just missed him and was too proud to admit it.

"I missed you though, babygirl" He said, the nickname causing my heart to flutter.

"Make sure to come quick then" I said.

"Of course. I will be there as soon as I can. I have to go now" He said.

"Oh okay" I replied disappointed.

"I'll talk to you later, goodbye"

"Goodbye, oh-and Ryder?"

"Yes?" He answered. I could imagine him smiling as he said that.

"I miss you" I said and immediately ended the call. I felt my cheeks heat up and my heart beating fast.

Why am I feeling like this? It's only Ryder.

After sitting around in my room for a few more hours I heard a car honking. I ignored it at first but then decided to check it out through my window.

Maybe Ryder is back? Maybe he surprised me? Oh God I missed him.

I ran tο my window feeling really excited and happy.

Only for that excitement to die down when I saw my brother's head in the car. He was looking at me with a smirk.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping"

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

What a nerd.

"Your boyfriend gave me instructions to take you shopping" He said.

"What boyfriend?" I asked confused.

He couldn't be talking about Jason.

"Ryder, silly" He chuckled.

I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought.

There is no way this could ever happen. He was the most gorgeous man I'd ever seen and I was...me.

"Go get dressed, quick!" He yelled.

"Okay, fine!"