Precious

Amara

"If you ever do this again I'm tying you to my desk" He said pointing at the desk in the office.

"Ryder, I was worried. I couldn't hear any sound and I was scared something happened that's why I got out"

"I thought we told you not to get out unless we come back for you" He said groaning.

"What if you didn't?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Of course I would, I would never forget you in there!" He said raising the tone of his voice.

"You know well that's not what I mean" I said giving him a challenging look.

He frowned and then widened his eyes when he realized what I meant, "Hey don't ever think like that, okay? I wouldn't-I-"

"You're not invincible Ryder, maybe you should realize that I care about you and I want you to be okay. I'm not going to sit in a room and protect myself when there might be a chance you're in great danger"

"I should go" Gordon whispered to himself and walked away awkwardly.

"No, I would never let you risk your life to save me"

"Why not? You do it all the time"

"Because I'd rather die knowing you're safe than live knowing you're gone because of me"

To be honest, his words really affected me. I felt wanted and loved, but I didn't want him to feel like he has to risk his life for me.

"You were fine all those years without me"

"Because I knew you were safe, in fact you were safer without me up until you decided to marry a criminal"

"I did it for my family, and speaking of family, I want to see them" I said.

He sighed and ran his fingers though his hair as he stared up at the ceiling.

"One thing at a time" he said quietly, "Who said I was fine for all those years?" he asked finally looking back at me.

"You never visited"

"That doesn't mean I didn't miss you. I didn't forget about you, Amara. Not even for a second"

"I doubt it" I scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Ask your parents when you see them. Ask them how many times a week I would call just to check on you. Ask them where I was at your graduation day" He said. I could see he was getting a bit worked up.

"What?" I asked tilting my head, "Where were you on my graduation day?"

"You never saw me, did you?" He chuckled.

"You were there!?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"I would never miss it Amara. Remember when I graduated? You said you couldn't wait to graduate as well and asked me to be there"

"You remember that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I remember every single moment I spent with you" He said taking a few slow steps towards me, "You were my precious little girl" He said as his big lips stretched into a beaming smile.

He hardly ever smiled like that. Right then, I knew this moment was important. Every negative thought just left my mind as I saw him smile.

"And you still are my precious girl, you're just not that little anymore" He chuckled taking my hands into his.

"At least I'm not as old as you" I rolled my eyes.

"Mean" He said chucking. He cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead. He was being extra gentle with me, I wasn't sure why, but it seemed suspicious.

"You know" He started, "I love you"

I knew he "loved me". We had told each other that many years ago, but this felt different. Maybe it was because I heard him saying it after years, or maybe it is actually different.

"I haven't told you that in a while, but I love you" He leaned in whispering and pressed his lips against mine before pulling away. "I missed us. I am sorry I fucked up so many times, I'm trying to make up"

For a moment I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw his eyes were glossy, but I soon realized that he actually did look really sad.

I don't want him to be sad.

"Hey" I said gently and wrapped my arms around his neck getting on my tip toes, "I love you too, Ryder" I said giving him a smile and pecking his lips.

It was true, I did love him.

He paused an stared at my lips before smashing his lips on mine. It was a faced paced kiss which took me by surprise. I'd never kissed anyone this way. My previous boyfriends were all boring.

He snaked his hands up my waist, under my shirt and ran his fingers up and down my spine giving me shivers.

He chuckled into the kiss not wasting a second before kissing me again.

He put his hands under my thighs and lifted me up wrapping my legs around his torso. I was a little shocked at first, but I liked it.

I pulled away panting for air, but he continued kissed down to my neck.

This doesn't help my breathing problems.

"I want to do more than kiss you" He whispered in my ear before sucking on earlobe.

I felt heat coming up my neck as I widened my eyes.

"You're all blushy now" He chuckled looking at me before kissing my cheeks repeatedly. He stopped and stared at me with a huge smile.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked laughing lightly. His sudden happy mood was amusing.

"Because I have you" He said and, once again, pressed his lips on mine.

_________

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that" I told Mary.

We finally had some time to ourselves and she could finally talk to me about what she went through. She never wanted to be one of them and she never wanted to fool me.

"It makes me uncomfortable when I don't know where he is, because he could be anywhere watching me, or just waiting to make his move"

"Mary, I promise you Christian is taken care of. I-I don't know about your dad though" I said looking at the floor.

I was worried about her dad as well. I didn't want him to try anything again, but at least I had Jason on my side.

"He's not my father. He might be my biological father, but he was never a father to me" She said. Even when talking about this, she didn't seem angry, or disgusted, or disappointed by her father.

"I'm really sorry babes" I said and took her hand in mine stroking it.

"It's okay" She said smiling, "At least I have you now. I was worried you would think I actually wanted to fool you"

"No, of course not, but I have a question" I said grinning.

She raised an eyebrow, "Okay, go ahead"

"So my brother-"

"Amara, no" She giggled.

"Come on, I know something's going on. I won't be mad, I promise. I'll be happy"

"I'm serious, nothing is going on between us. We just care about each other that's all" She said.

"Fine, I'll believe that for now" I said rolling my eyes.

I heard a knock on the door and walked there to open it.

"Speak of the devil" I said with a grin.

"Huh?" Gordon let out raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, I'll be going. You have things to talk about" I said pulling him in the room before walking out and closing the door.

I love matchmaking.