𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟴 | The Cursed Connection

Zacznij od początku

"Here." She handed me the bars.

"You can take them- " my sentence came out even more awkward than my usual level of awkwardness.

She giggled and shook her head.

"No I'm not allowed to eat chocolates, my mum will scold me. She says that it will spoil my teeth and I will not look pretty when I grow up," she reasoned and sighed.

I remember getting shocked to hear that. But my mischievously stubborn mind won't let go that easily.

"Wanna share?" I ripped the wrapper of one of the bars and offered it to her.

She refused by waving her hands and took a few step backwards.

"No I said I can't. I've promised mum that I won't secretly eat Chocolates and I never break a promise."

"You're boring," I had said, which came out really rude. More than I had intended.

She frowned and kept staring at me intensely. Something told me to not say anything further if I wanted to see my future.

I kept on munching on my bar. She turned around to leave but I stopped her.

"Sometimes rules are meant to be broken."

"Sometimes promises are meant to be kept," she had replied almost immediately.

That left me speechless. Her smug smile wasn't helping either. Usually girls of her age at that time would do nothing more than playing with barbie and watch Disney movies but she seemed to be way more different than that.

Meanwhile my two other friends who had mysteriously gone missing came and stood by my side. The one with the blonde hair smiled and the brown haired boy waved at her.

Her posture suddenly stiffened like she remembered something.

"I have to go now. My mum will be here to pick me up soon."

"Aw but it closes at 7 O'clock, we still got an hour left. Let's try the ferris wheel!" Erovi said excitedly.

The amusement park had brought about a remarkable change in the children's life that summer. We would stay there all day and play till the rides were closed.

The girl looked back and forth between us wearily. But she eventually agreed.

I shared a capsule with the girl whereas my two friends took another one.

"I've never been this high up before."

She had said, clutching onto the rim.

"You've never ridden this before?"

"No," she said, squeezing her eyes shut tightly, "My mother said that its dangerous and forbade me to try this."

I really developed a curiosity to see who her mother was by that time.

"But it's fun!" I exclaimed, "Look at the sky, it's so beautiful!"

She peeked through her eyelids and gasped. The last light of the sun cast a golden shadow over the dark clouds. It looked like the light was fighting against the darkness, trying to claim its dominance over the night sky. The horizon lit up with different shades of pink, orange, red and purple. Like a capricious artist had left their color palette out in the rain and the water mixed the colours messily, but it turned out to be artistic in the end.

"Pretty," she said.

I looked into her eyes and I remember regretting instantly for wasting my time watching the sky because it was all in her eyes. The kaleidoscopic colors, the warmth, the daydreams in a lazy afternoon.