Akshara Enters The Palace In Disguise: Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

"H-he didn't do anything." Lavanya quickly replied.

"Sister-in-law..." Karthik sat beside Lavanya. "You used to call me Karthik. Why are you suddenly calling me a prince?" He asked in a polite tone with hints of disappointment in it.

"Prince, we aren't kids now." Lavanya tried to explain. "Moreover it's th-"

"Okay. I won't apply medicine to my wounds." Karthik crossed his arms across his chest and looked away from Lavanya.

"Prince, don't be so stubborn," Lavanya said in a gentle voice. "Your wounds need to be treated. Otherwise, it will get infected."

"I don't care." Karthik huffed and walked towards the window. "If you don't call me Karthik, I won't apply the medicine."

"Prince, try to understand-"

"I don't want to." Karthik cut Lavanya's words. "I don't what to apply to any medicine." He mumbled like a kid throwing tantrums over a toy.

"Don't be stubborn Karthik!" Lavanya harshly grabbed Karthik's right arm and yanked him as she was enraged because of Karthik's childish behavior. "You will apply the medicine now!" She dragged him towards the couch and made him sit on it before sitting beside him. "Being stubborn won't cure your wounds. If you keep being this stubborn then no woman will be willing to marry you like your brother." She said while dipping her fingers into the turmeric paste and scooped out a generous amount of paste.

"Thank you, sister-in-law," Karthik said with a gentle smile on his lips while his eyes stared at Lavanya.

"Hm?" Lavanya at once looked at Karthik.

"It has been a long time since you called me by my name," Karthik replied. "Sister-in-law, please don't call me a prince. It makes me feel like I went far away from my sister. Though you became my sister-in-law, still you are the same sister I knew since I was 5 years old."

"You are still the same." Lavanya smiled. "Still now you manage to make me listen to your words."

"Ahm." Saanvi stood before Karthik and Lavanya. "Brother, will you even give me a chance to befriend with sister-in-law?"

"Who is stopping you?" Karthik looked at his sister while Lavanya chuckled at their interaction. "Go ahead and befriend her."

"How can I talk to her if you keep talking with her?" Saanvi pouted.

"It's not my fault." Karthik shook his head. "I meet sister-in-law after 13 years."

"Brother you-"

"Saanvi, Karthik doesn't fight like kids." Lavanya stopped them while a gentle yet happy smile was plastered on her face. "Saanvi, we already talked with each other before, right? Your brother returned to the palace after a long time."

"But sister-in-law..." Saanvi whined.

"Come here." Lavanya patted the seat beside her, signaling Saanvi to sit beside her. When the latter took her seat, Lavanya spoke. "I will cook whatever you want. Now tell me what you want to have for lunch." She said while gently applying the medicine on Karthik's wound on arm.

"Coconut sesame rice," Karthik said.

"Only coconut sesame rice?" Lavanya glanced at Karthik and Saanvi before applying a second layer of medicine.

"Sister-in-law, I want baby eggplant curry," Saanvi uttered while watching how Lavanya applied the medicine.

"Can you make coconut chutney?" Karthik asked while gazing at Lavanya.

"Yes, my Prince." Lavanya smiled as she finished applying medicine to both of the wounds. "I can make almost all of the dishes. Now please feel free to ask."