Okay, so she had been spacing out.

When she had finally reached the last booth she was frozen in her place. All the blood drained from her face and her lips parted as she stared down at the glasses the woman had worn with such a flourish at the simple high school kickback. Alarm bells rang in her head. No, a siren was going off. She could feel it deep within her. It was a primal instinct to want to leave.

But curiosity got the better of Harper when she noticed the napkin underneath the shade with writing on it. Harper didn't wait for a second to pick up the glasses and slip them in her apron pocket. The note read:

𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓼 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓼. 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮 𝓒𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓮 𝓸𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓴𝓸𝓵𝓪 𝓣𝓮𝓼𝓵𝓪 𝓸𝓻 𝓐𝓵𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓽 𝓔𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓲𝓷. 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓹𝓮𝓻 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪, 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾.

- 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓐𝓜

Yeah, scarily accurate and yet they were gaining a presence in her locker where she had hung them up. They were very inspirational. So far she had fourteen of them. Even when she wasn't working Eli or Ms. Mooney would give her the note at the beginning of her shift. They both shared their concerns with Eli asking her if she had a stalker and Ms. Mooney offered to talk to the sheriff about helping her file a police report. She had denied. Didn't know why. She should have done it and yet it felt like she couldn't.

One of life's little mysteries that hadn't yet been brought to light, Harper supposed.

Another one of life's mysteries was why Paul and Jared stood imposingly at her locker on that fateful December Monday. Despite the cold temperatures the two were oh so modestly dressed. The thought was laughable. 

They were also gaining a crowd as people watched for the upcoming and surely entertaining interaction. The last time she was seen speaking to them she had said Paul had a small dick so she could understand why people thought it would be funny.

"Can I help you?" She asked sourly as she shoved the two aside and unlocked her locker.

Jared moved so he was standing beside Paul and behind her. "Uh, yeah you can," Jared said lightly as if he wasn't too sure of himself.

Not that Harper minded, he was easier to mess with when he was like that. "Please enlighten me, oh great steroid junkie," she said sarcastically. Harper smirked to herself as she loaded up her backpack with the books she needed. She could practically feel Jared's hurt glare and Paul's eyeroll. It was the desired reaction.

"How original, Old Timer," Paul quipped.

Harper nodded in response. "I know, I'm just the queen of originality," she said passively as she pulled out a notebook and flipped through it to make sure her homework was still there. When she realized that Paul hadn't responded she turned to look at him with a taunting smirk on her face.

He wasn't responding because he was glaring passed her, surprisingly enough Jared was too. Their deep eyes bore not into her but the fourteen napkins she had taped to her locker. It was... odd. After watching them for a moment and filling it into the 'Care About Later' space in her brain she slammed her locker door shut and strutted away to meet with Embry in the parking lot.