⁶ Franklin

"
Science and everyday life cannot and should not be separated.
"

-Rosalind Franklin

Gossip Club

Harper, in the twenty minutes it took Sage to arrive at the Uley cabin, ripped through her closet in a flurry of trying to find something to make everyone there like her. She wasn't even sure why she cared so much. Oh, yeah, maybe it was because it was her first actual party. She had gotten invites to simple things like birthday sleepovers in elementary school, but they stopped during middle school and even then Harper wasn't popular at all.

Harper had finally settled on a brown suede jacket that she picked up in a thrift shop, a pair of suffocatingly skinny jeans that reached her waist, and a short white shirt. She hastily threw on her trusty pair of boots with a flair of finality. This was the sixth outfit she had tried on, after all. She hurried to her desk and was cursing her lack of makeup before swiping on some mascara and lipgloss. Her eyes widened as she took in her hair and quickly brushed it, trying to hide every embarrassing gray hair. Worry and insecurity settled on her as she heard Sage's tires outside of the house. 

Harper quietly tried to go down the stairs only to be met with Sam Fucking Uley standing at the bottom of them. He looked at her apprehensively and crossed his arms. The man quirked a challenging brow at her. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked. 

Harper rolled her eyes and sidestepped him. Her nostrils flared and for a second she considered yelling at him before deciding that would definitely wake Emily up and she wasn't about to do that. "Sage called, she wanted me to go with her to a party," Harper informed him with a certain tone that indicated it didn't matter what he said she'd be going. 

"Where is it?" Sam asked blankly. He could feel the standoff brewing between them with each passing second. He also had a feeling he would lose.

Harper frowned at the authoritative presence and crossed her arms. "I don't know," she said blankly.

"When are you getting back?" He pressed, worry evident on his forehead. He veins bulged in his arm as he balled one of his fists

"I don't know," Harper said when she noticed Sam's annoyance. 

"Were you going to bother telling Emily?" He asked snarkily.

The younger girl raised an eyebrow before cockily stating, "I was going to write a note, but you seem like a much more sufficient messenger." Sam opened his mouth as Harper felt a phone vibrate in her pocket. 

1 Text From Sage

here :)

"I'm staying the night at Sage Walker's place. See you later, messenger boy," Harper said snarkily and bounding passed him out the door. The girl practically sprinted to Sage's passenger seat. She buckled up, not noticing Sage's smile as she was in a rush.