¹³ Tesla

"
Our virtues and our feelings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
"

- Nikola Tesla

Canis Lupus

Embry had skated to and from school that day. He had begun to regret it halfway through his skate home when he felt like he was going to explode. His muscles were convulsing beyond his control and he couldn't stop the heat that was rising from him. He was coated in a layer of sweat and it was frankly very disgusting. His head was pounding and there was something too uncomfortable about existence right now.

He was also being a major dick to his friends. Something he didn't like. More snappy than usual. More pissy and angry and just in general a dick. The worst part was how he acted when confronted about it. It was just Quil. Nice, witty, and loyal Quil who asked him worried what was going on. The boy didn't know where to start so he erupted. Yelling and scowling and shouting and taking everything out on his best friend.

The guilt wasn't the worst part, a close second, but no the worst part was the look of betrayal on Quil's face as he turned to his truck. His friend had looked back at him and instead of betrayal, he caught sight of something worse. Pity. Jake, who stood beside Quil, looked at him in both fury and confusion. A look of repulsion marring his face before following after Quil. Promising that he would come over later.

So, yeah. All in all, Embry felt like a bastard dickhead.

The boy flung open the door to his room and immediately collapsed on his bed. The muscles in his leg were seizing. Embry gritted his teeth and help in the groan, trying to lift his hand to his forehead and gave a wince. He felt so aware of every muscle in his body. Each one was screaming in pain. The boy couldn't help but release the low whine. His head was pounding. His body on fire. Every part of him hurt.

He just couldn't get Quil and Jake's faces out of his mind. Or his mom's guilty expression when he sprung on her his need to know who his dad was. Or even Harper's expression when he snapped at her in biology today. And then there were the annoying stares from Paul and Jared.

Embry could feel himself shake. It was like his anger was manifesting in wild muscle spasms. He had to leave. He had to get out of there. All he could feel was his lungs collapsing as he let the suffocation take over. He tried to stand, but his knees buckled and instead, he fell to the floor with a cry. He had never been so happy to have neighbors, maybe they would be able to call someone, anyone for help. All Embry could do was writhe in pain and grunt or scream. Angry tears fell from his eyes and staining the carpet a deeper color. His hands forming fists so tight that his nails punctured his skin. He could only feel pain, anger, and fear.

He had never been more afraid in his life.

Tiffany Call came home to a wrecked living room, her backdoor that she usually kept open except for the screen was ripped into shreds, leaving it wide open. She had a gut feeling one of dread. One that only a mother knows. One that spoke volumes as she clasped her phone in her shaky hand. Dialing those three little numbers. She let out a breath, trying to do anything to keep her sobs at bay. "Hello 911, something's wrong."