31-Sick day

This is very fluffy honestly 🤧

Richie and Stan walked into Derry high school together.

"Okay but hear me out! What do you think dogs are saying when they bark? Like are they just yelling or are they talking to eachoth-"

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Stan interrupted Richies rambling. "I honestly don't know how Eddie puts up with dating you." Stan rolled his eyes.

"Wow ruuude." Richie chuckled.

"I'm gonna go walk my Ed's to class catch you later Stan." Richie smiled happily walking over to Eddie's locker.

Usually, Eddie's waiting at his locker for Richie but today he wasn't there.

Richie frowned as he looked around the hallway for any sign of Eddie.

Richie could feel himself getting worried but he assumed Eddie might've had a doctors appointment though, he only had them on Tuesdays and today is a Thursday.

The bell rang and Richie ran to class trying to ignore the worried feeling he had.

///

"Have you guys seen Eddie?" Richie asked taking a seat at the lunch table with the rest of the group.

"No, he wasn't in English today." Bill said taking a bite out of his sandwich.

Richie huffed as he crossed his arms.

"I'm sure he just has a doctors appointment or something." Bev said.

"He only has then on Tuesdays." Richie said.

"Well just go by his house after school." Stan suggested.

"Already planning on it." Richie said.

///

As soon as the bell has rang signalling the end of the day Richie sprinted out the doors and ran down the side walk avoiding the Bowers gang or any other delay.

He jogged down his street and then two blocks over to Eddie's street.

Once he got into Eddie's street he switch to a quick walk, his hands wrapped tightly around the straps of his backpack.

Richie reached Eddie's driveway and debated knocking on the door. There was no car in the driveway. Sonia was probably at work.

Richie knocked on the door and waiting a few minutes but didn't get a response. Richie grew more worried and knocked again.

After 5 minutes of no response Richie hesitantly twisted the door knob. It was unlocked so Richie quietly walked in.

He dropped his bag on the floor and took his shoes of setting them aside.

He looked around seeing the kitchen light on with a few used tea bags sitting on the counter.

Richie shut the front door and walked towards the stairs. He quietly stepped upstairs and looked over to Eddie's bedroom door. It was closed with a dim light showing from the crack at the bottom of the door.

Richie walked over and gently twisted the knob pushing the door open.

Richie saw Eddie laying in bed asleep. His hair was a mess and there was a bunch of empty cups on his bedside table.

Eddie had a light pink nose and puffy eyes.

Richie smiled seeing Eddie all curled up in his blankets.

Richie quietly shut the door and walked over to Eddie's bed taking a seat on the edge.

Richie placed a hand on Eddie's leg from over top of the blanket shaking him lightly.

Eddie jumped awake. "Jesus! You scared me!" Eddie said sniffling and wiping his nose.

Richie chuckled and passed Eddie the almost empty tissue box from off the floor.

Eddie took it with a glare. "Asshole." Eddie said.

Richie laughed. "You sick?" Richie asked.

Eddie blew his nose and made a face of disgust
as he threw the tissue onto the pile of tissues that was on the floor.

"Ya." Eddie laid back onto his pillow rubbing his left eye.

"Poor baby." Richie said with a chuckle.

"Shut up dick head." Eddie said in an annoyed tone.

"Alrighttt, but in all seriousness you could've called. I was worried about you." Richie said.

"I know I'm sorry, I didn't have the energy." Eddie said sniffling again.

"Did you eat anything today?" Richie asked.

Eddie shook his head. "Soup?" Richie asked.

"Sure. Thanks Rich." Eddie smiled.

Richie nodded patting the blanket before getting up and walking down to the kitchen.

He pulled out a can of chicken noodle soup and put it in a pot to heat up. He cleaned up the used tea bags and boiled some water for more tea.

He grabbed a cough drop and a flu pill that makes you drowsy. Once the water had finished boiling he grabbed a new tea bag and dropped in it a mug followed by the hot water.

Richie turned off the stove and removed the pot from the heat grabbing a bowl. He gently poured the soup into the bowl and grabbed a spoon.

He added some honey to Eddie's tea knowing he liked it better a little sweet and put the pills in little container.

Finally, he grabbed a tray and placed everything on it with a glass of cold water.

Richie carefully walked up the stairs careful not to spill anything and walked into Eddie's room.

"Knock knock bubs." Richie smiled as he walked in a places the tray in Eddie's bedside table.

"That's more than soup Richard." Eddie said sitting up and taking the tray into his lap.

Richie chuckled taking a seat on the bed. "You're welcome spaghetti man." Richie smiled.

"A pill? Richie you know how much I hate p-"

"I know, but they'll help you. You don't have to if you don't want to though." Richie interrupted him gently rubbing Eddie's leg.

Eddie coughed and took a small sip of the soup.

Once Eddie had finished his soup and half his tea he put the tray back onto the bedside table and laid back down on his bed.

"Richie?" Eddie said with his eyes closed.

"Yes my dear." Richie replied gently pushing some hair out of Eddie's face.

"Come cuddle me." Eddie said.

Richie chuckled and happily wrapped his arms around the smaller boy kissing his head.

"Richie?" Eddie asked again.

"Yes Spaghetti." Richie answered.

"I love you." Eddie turned around so he was now facing Richie.

Richie smiled softly. "I love you too." Richie said.

Eddie leaned in and pressed a gently kiss to Richies lips.

Richie kissed back immediately with a smile.

Eddie pulled away. "You're gonna get sick." Eddie said.

"No I'll be fine." Richie leaned in again bringing Eddie on top of him.

Richie wrapped his arm around Eddie's waist the other one resting on Eddie's cheek as they kissed.

Eddie pulled away with a chuckled

"As much as I love making out with you, you're going to get sick and I'm fucking tired." Eddie said resting his head on Richies chest.

"I'm not gonna get sick." Richie said as they both fell asleep.

And sure enough, Richie woke up the next morning with a fever and a cough.