4-Homecoming

Richie POV

(Edited Jan.3.2022)

It was 11th grade homecoming night. I was wearing a blue tux with a black tie. I didn't look good, well, at least not to me. I don't like to wear nice clothes. Most of the time they're too tight and itchy.

I dressed up for Eddie, I asked him out to homecoming a week ago and I knew he'd say yes but I also knew that he'd wanted to go for ages. I know he'll dress up because he's Eddie, and I guess I wanted to see that cute smile on his face when he realize I'd dressed up too.

I impatiently waited in my living room for Eddie to arrive so we could leave. I didn't know what he was going to wear but I was excited to see him. To be honest, he could wear a garbage bag and I'd still think he looks hot.

I heard my mother walk into the living room and she sighed. "You're biting your nails." I hadn't noticed. I guess I'm nervous. "You'll have a great time, Rich." She sat down next to me on the small couch of our living room and placed a warm hand on my shoulder.

"I know, Mom." I tried to pull off some sarcasm but it didn't work. She smiled warmly and kissed my temple.

There was a soft knock at the door and I knew it was Eddie because he doesn't like to knock too loud. I never asked him why.

My mother smiled and helped me off the couch. She gave me a quick hug waved me off.

My heart was beating fast as I wiped my sweaty palms on my dress pants. I quickly fixed my mop of a hair due in the mirror by my door and twisted the handle.

As soon as I saw him my worries completely vanished. He was wearing a tight navy blue tuxedo with a cute little bow tie wrapped tightly around the collar of his white dress shirt. He looked so amazing that for a moment I didn't even know what to say.

"Earth to Richie...?" He said and I laughed nervously.

"You look so amazing!" I tugged him into a hug and he let out a cute little gasp.

When we pulled away I just had my hands on both his shoulders and stared at him.

"You look good too." He thought for a moment. "I had no idea you had the will to actually look nice." He smiled mischievously.

I couldn't bring myself to make a snarky remark back at him. I just smiled.

"Alright boys don't want you being late!" My mom was yelling from the kitchen and I could hear the smirk on her face.

I rolled my eyes and nodded at Eddie that we were leaving. I put on my a-bit-too-big dress shoes and we were out the door on the way to my car. Well, my dads old beaten up truck that hasn't been fixed since 1980 but that's besides the point.

We walked up to the truck and I opened the door for Eddie and he smiled, leaning over to give me a quick peck on the lips before shutting the passenger door.

I walked over to the other side and opened the door. Once I sat down I looked over at Eddie who was just staring out the window.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

He nodded. "Can we listen to music?" He asked.

"Yeah for sure." I smiled and turned on the radio with a click of a button.

A song was playing but I didn't recognize it, Eddie danced along anyways. I started the car and fought the urge to look over at Eddie every time we hit a red light.

It wasn't a long drive and I'm sure we could've walked but it's a special night and my feet would've been hurting from the giant shoes within five minutes anyways.