17-Protective

3rd Person

Richie and Eddie have been dating for 2 years now. They dated since they were 14 and they have been a strong couple ever since.

Richie is a very protective boyfriend. He isn't afraid to do what his had to do to protect Eddie. Even if it puts his own life at risk.

Today the two boys and the rest of their friends were at the quarry. As usual they were planning to jump.

Eddie hadn't told anyone about what had been happening lately.

You see, his mother had tormented him all of his childhood about how chubby he was. That is until she passed away.

Eddie moved in with Richie after that.

Henry Bowers, the schools biggest bully had found out about how my much his mother had made fun of him for being chubby so he started tormenting Eddie. Richie had no idea. Bowers would usually leave notes in his locker with hateful words on them.

It had been happening for a while leaving Eddie insecure and scared. Henry told him if Eddie ever told anyone he would kill him.

That was enough for Eddie to keep his mouth shut.

Eddie never got changed in front of Richie anymore. He always sleeps in longs pyjama pants and T-Shirts now.

The losers had already started undressing to jump in. Eddie looked around timidly and tried to not pay attention to anything the others were doing.

"Cya LOSERS!!" Bev and Ben jumped in together followed by Stan and Bill.

Mike was the next one to jump and it left Eddie and Richie.

"Ed's ready to jump?" Richie asked.

Eddie fake smiled.

"Uh I know this sounds weird but aren't you going to...get undressed?" Richie chuckled nervously.

"Oh...I think I'll just jump with my clothes on." Eddie responded not making eye contacts with his boyfriend.

"You sure?" Richie looked at him suspiciously.

"Y-yeah." Eddie nodded and Richie held out his hand.

"Let's go then." Eddie took Richies hand and the two jumped off the cliff.

Once they hit the water the resurfaced and started splashing eachother.

They played chicken and had a couple of splash fights.

Eddie was truly happy but the material was sticking to his skin uncomfortably.

He tried to pull it off just to have more water splashed at his and for it to stick to his skin again.

Eddie kept trying but Beverly splashed him again causing him to get angry.

"CAN YOU STOP?!?" Eddie yelled angrily.

Richie rushed over to him putting his hand on Eddie's shoulder.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" Richie asked lifting Eddie's chin.

"Nothing, Sorry Bev I overreacted." Eddie looked away from Richies gaze.

Eddie kept scratching at his shirt because of the discomfort it was causing him.

"Just take it off Eddie." Richie reaches to the bottom of Eddie's shirt.

"No don't." Eddie slapped his boyfriends hands away harshly.

"Eddie you're obviously uncomfortable just take it off." Richie laughed slightly.

"No I don't want to." Eddie started swimming away.

"Ed's come on." Richie grabbed onto Eddie's wrist.

"Don't call me that, I'm leaving." Eddie pulled his hand away and swam to shore.

Richie decided to give him space and go back to his house later to talk to Eddie.

He waited around twenty minutes and it was getting dark out so he decided he would head home.

"Guys I'm going to go." Richie said bye to the loser and went back to grab his clothes.

He sighed as he slips his pants and shirt back on along with his coke bottle glasses.

He tossed his backpack over his shoulder and started walking home.

Once he got to the driveway he could see through the window that his and Eddie's bedroom light was already on.

He could see the faint shadow of his boyfriend.

He walked into the dark house and set his bag down at the door and walked up the wooden stairs.

He got to his bedroom door and knocked softly.

"Ed's?" Richie asked.

"Come in." He heard Eddie respond weakly along with some soft sniffles.

Richie creaked the door open slowly and saw Eddie sitting on the bed crying.

He had wet hair and a fresh new pair of pyjamas on.

Richie walked to him slowly and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have pushed you t take of your shirt, I'm sorry for moving too fast." Richie rubbed his boyfriends back slowly.

"It's not your fault." Eddie wipes his nose with his hand.

"I'm kinda lost here Ed's." Richie smiled faintly lifting Eddie's chin only to have Eddie look away avoiding Richies gaze.

"It's my fault." Eddie shut his eyes to prevent more tears from falling.

"No... it isn't." Richie said.

Eddie didn't know how to respond so he just pointed to his bedside table.

Richie looked confused.

"What?" Richie asked looking at the desk.

"L-look in the drawer." Eddie said shutting his eyes tight.

Richie shrugged and leaned over and opened the drawer.

Inside there was a bunch of small folded papers.

Richie took out a handful and unfolded them.

Hey chubby fag!

Richies eyes widened as he looked over the next ones.

How's your day going wheezy?

Fat, Ugly, Chubby, Faggot.

Richie cringed at all of the words and looked over at Eddie who had already started crying.

"Who wrote these?" Richie asked sternly.

"H-Henry." Eddie choked out.

"Come here." Richie said and Eddie came closer.

Richie sat cross cross and patted his lap.

Eddie wrapped his legs around Richies waist and stuffed his head into Richies shoulder.

"How long has this been going on?" Richie whispered softly into Eddie's ear.

"Two weeks and five days." Eddie said.

Richie ran his fingers through Eddie's golden locks and whispered loving words into Eddie's ear until he had fallen asleep.

Richie placed Eddie carefully under the blanket and cuddled up next to him.

"Love you Ed's." Richie tucked a piece of hair behind Eddie's ear and wrapped his arms around his protectively.

"Love you too Chee." Eddie replied sleepily.