Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

This is the sweetest thing I've ever been told.

"I heard all energy comes from the sun, so i stole it why? so i could use it as a backup generator to love you on days you don't feel like loving yourself."
"I won't promise you there won't be a day when I'd choke the sun for breathing too hard on your skin, or when I'd ask the night to stay a little bit longer, so the stars will watch you a little bit longer." He kiss my forehead.

^^(stanzas from qalbsaleesms poem)

"You make me the person i am today, and right now i am promising you eternity with you, for you. This ring—" he raise it to my face, "Or any worldly thing will never be enough compare to you, because you are worth more than anything and everything. You are my heart, i am glad i opened up to you and fell in love with you, recklessly, without me thinking through, i am happy i didn't, my love was indeed blind and you are my sight."

"You know..." he chuckle: "I hated your guts back then in high school, you were annoying-"

"Hey!" I said and we both laugh.

"Whenever the word 'love' is uttered, the first thing that crosses my mind is your beautiful face with that breathtaking smile,"

"You are beautiful." He whispers, leaning his forehead against mine while heaving a sigh.

My eyes filled with tears, lips trembling, but still with a smile playing on it,

We stayed like that in comfortable silence, with the night wind caressing our skin, it's calming.

"May i?" He questioned after almost five minutes of silence, i nod, tears streaming down my cheeks; he slip the ring in my ring finger.

"I love you." I whisper, hugging him, he hugged me back, burying his head in the crook of my neck, "I love you too." Whispers Samir on my neck.

When we pulled away and i stare at the beautiful ring on my left hand; "It's beautiful." I said.

"Not as beautiful as you." He smiled, i can't believe Samir had feelings for me for a long time now, i mean he gifted me this necklace almost two years ago, i almost squeal.

This ring has been wrapped around my neck for almost two years, goodness, if this isn't the cutest shit ever.

"I- i—" I laughed at the same time a sob escape my mouth; "I don't know what to say, by Allah Samir i fell in love with you all over again right now, t-thank you very much, this is beautiful, you're beautiful, tomorrow will be a beautiful day in shaa Allah, i love you so much baby." He smiled.

"Lets get you back home." He said; "No!" I whine, "I wanna spend more time with you." I lean my head on his chest, i heard the vibration of his laughter.

"Don't be faster than your shadows baby, just 12 more hours my love." He rub my head.

"Seems like forever to me." I muttered and pulled back before we start walking towards my house.

The breeze wheeze past us slowly, as we continue the small steps to my house, smiles on our faces, i swear to Allah even the wind is different,

Now i get what they mean by; 'love in the air.' Indeed it's in the air.

"Take care baby, I'll see you tomorrow." Samir says with a wink.

"Take care too babe." I said, sending him a flying kiss, he chuckle and pretend to catch it.

He seems like a totally different person lately and i am so happy, he is changing, for the better.

He really is getting over his familys death, and he is no longer blaming his self.