ELIJAH WAS USED to his mother going all out ━ you should've seen his sixteenth birthday where she got Jay-Z to perform in their living room. Charlotte West sure knows how to put on a show.

And that much could be said for the way Mint Museum in Uptown Charlotte is decked out to the nines, Charlotte West supporters lining up to meet the woman herself.

Aliyah had been quiet for most of the car ride, only speaking up to ask Elijah to turn the air conditioning down ━ she's nervous. He could also tell from her constantly wringing her wrists.

That stopped when he slipped his free hand into hers, calming her down significantly.

When they finally park in the parking garage, Aliyah sends the man beside her a nervous smile.

"Hey," Elijah says to her, softly, "You'll do great. Just don't look her in the eye."

For a moment, her eyes widen in fear before she takes note of the miniscule smirk on his face.

"Asshole," She hisses before opening her car door and getting out before Elijah could even blink. "Grab the back of my dress."

He raises an eyebrow at her command before rushing out of the car and meeting her on the passenger side. He stoops to grab the bottom of her dress so it doesn't drag and pick up all the nasty things on the ground.

Once they reach the elevator, Elijah lowers the dress for a second before checking his watch, "She's gonna kill me."

Aliyah sends him a look, "She should kill you. You're the one that got us into this mess in the first place."

A sigh escapes the man beside her as the elevator door finally opens, revealing the elegance of the decorated building.

"You're supposed to be on my side," He grumbles as he grabs the train of her dress.

The two approach the entrance of the museum where the bright flashes of paparazzi cameras blind them temporarily. Finally, as they reach the grounds of the museum, Aliyah gives Elijah the go ahead to release her dress.

Slipping her arm into the crook of his, the couple steps in, Aliyah immediately taken aback by how immaculate the area is ━ people dressed in evening gowns and suits and ties are scattered around the room, flutes of champagne in their grasps.

"Your mom really rented out an entire museum for a banquet," Aliyah speaks softly as Elijah grabs two glasses of champagne from a passing waiter, "I still don't even know what it's for."

"'Cause you didn't ask," Elijah chuckles as he hands one of the glasses to the woman beside him.

She whispers a thank you before downing the entire thing in five seconds, Elijah's eyes widening as he watches her. Another waiter passes, Aliyah switching out her empty flute for a full one. Before she can bring it up to her lips, Elijah takes it from her and puts it back on the waiter's tray.

"That's enough of that," He purses his lips as he stares down at her. From the corner of his eye, he spots the familiar powerful sway of his mother approaching, a radiant smile on her face that could be seen from miles away.