XIII.finally, after a year

Start from the beginning

Mari let out a soft chuckle, lightly pinching his cheeks, "You're only a few years older than me, no biggie,"

That only made him frown more, slumped his shoulders, and replied in a stressed voice, "12 years is not considered as a few years, Mari,"

Eager to end the subject, tiptoeing, she planted a quick kiss on his brow before saying, "It is to some,"

"I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with me, young lady,"

Wincing once more, "But the issue of age gap can be subjective, you know,"

But he did not reply, as if his mind is busy calculating, stressing over their age gap, if he truly looks like her father or hermit uncle.

"Come on, let's enjoy the rain," she exclaimed, changing the subject, holding both his hands to lead him but he only shook his head.

"Forget it, I'm in no mood anymore. I'll most definitely look like a father chasing his daughter in the rain. Just how ridiculous would that be?" he grumbled which made her chuckle.

"It's not like people would see us, besides, really, Master Jude. You do not look like my father, I am not joking with you," she insisted, slightly shaking his arms but again, he remained standing in the shade, frowning, frustrated.

"And besides, how can you have a child when you're only 12?" she added with such a blithe voice.

"God works in a mysterious way, my darling," commented him, lightly trying to shake her hands off his.

"As you say, Father," she teased and without any warning, she dashed away from him, unto the rain, her laughter filling the surrounding.

"What did you say?" He roared back, though his voice amused and then chased her, not bothering to use the cane for he knew he's safe since the ground is stable, only grass, besides, despite being blind, he could follow her with just her voice.

"Forgive me, I meant grandfather," she responded, grinning, thus raising both her hands upwards, feeling the raindrops.

"You bad girl, you ought to be punished for being naughty," teased Jude, chuckling as he followed her voice, his hands lifted midair, trying to catch her.

"I really don't know about being a bad girl for I am already twenty-two, Master, though comparing from your age, I am not only a child, but more like a fetus, maybe?" roared Mari in laughter.

"You better be sure I would not catch you, you minx!" hollered Jude back, grinning as he attempted to catch her by following the sound of her laughter.

"Scratch that, you're my great-great-great-grandfather. Tell you what, I wouldn't be surprised if it was you who gave the stone to David to defeat Goliath," with that, both of them laughed as she dodged him, encircling him.

"Don't tell me you were there when Moses presented the 10 commandments and when he parted the sea," she added, slowing down a bit since her clothes were all drenched now, so was his.

When at last, he did manage to caught her, embracing her from behind since Mari only moved from one spot to another only a couple of times, making sure her voice can be heard still despite the loud downpour, Mari tried to escape momentarily but Jude's had her secured already in his broad arms, his soaked beard tickling her.

And so, pressed against him, Jude sat in the ground, dragging her with him, thus, her sitting in his lap, both all wet, laughing, Mari trying to unclasped his hands over her waist then without any warning, he began tickling her, causing her to abruptly laugh like a madwoman, squirming against him.

"Sto-stop, please," she pleaded in between her laughter but he did not listen, instead, he continued tickling her waist then to her shoulders, all while her hands were trying to stop his hands from moving.