"Sorry, it's just nice to see someone appreciate my recipe so much. Master Lucian usually rushes through his meals because he's always so busy and never had much of an appetite. He is much better now, ever since you came here," Cycus admits quietly. "We find him less scary when you're around."

The lump of bread in my throat stays in place and I have to willfully swallow it down. 

The familiar ache I felt before returns and soon my heart is pounding. I don't know if I have really changed him, not after reading his most recent report. 

I need to read the reports from the other members of the Trinity and the Generals. I need to know why Lucian is doing this. 

Cyscus keeps me company while I eat and chats about his friends who are the other housekeepers and cleaners in Lucian's mansion. He tells me about a maid and another butler who are having an affair with each other. They apparently get it on in the washing rooms when they think no one is watching but the entire household knows about their trysts.

His tales are quite entertaining but all this talk about housekeepers remind me of the Plutonian attendant who was killed by Lucian in his sleep. I wonder if Cyscus knew that Plutonian but I am too afraid to ask. 

Once I am done he clears up and leaves. I get ready for work and am about to leave but I stop in front of Lucian's table, my fingers thrumming on the smooth surface.

Should I take a peak at Lazarus's report? Or General Lyra's?

I take out the finger pad and slip it on. I am about to place my finger into the slot when my communicator rings suddenly. The loud chiming makes me jump back and pull the device out of my pocket. 

"Hello?"

"Aria! How's your head?" Remulus asks me. He is panting slightly, making it sound like he is walking extremely fast. 

"It's much better. I'm coming in now. Are you at the training grounds or in the Grey region?" I pocket the fingerprint device and sling my bag over my shoulder. Guess my snooping will have to wait. 

"No need to head to the CC. We won't be there. We're in the human quarters now. I called to tell you to go to the training room for the rest of the day since you aren't allowed in the quarters," He says.

"Human quarters? Why are you going there?" I ask him while I rush out of Lucian's house and into his glider. Phillius takes off and I press the communicator to my ear while Remulus explains the situation. 

"Something weird that's for sure. Some kind of graffiti. It happened in the new quarters that we set up and the lazies are now making us handle the clean up. Can you imagine? I have to clean walls now. I swear if I knew it was going to come to this I would have just become a stripper."

"Graffiti? The humans did that?" Where on Pluto did the humans get the energy or the resources to paint something on the walls? We never thought of such things but then again there were no rebellions during my time.

"Don't know. I'll tell you more later. Let's go for drinks after work," He suggests and I quickly agree. I know just the place. 

I train the whole day and mostly keep to myself which is easy to do since the Plutonian officers aren't the friendliest bunch. It is almost night when Remulus calls me to tell me he is on the way. I wait for him outside the army base and he meets me soon after. 

We head to Onyx as I suggested because I want to meet Rosie to ask her about my next shift. Remulus takes me there in his glider and I can't help but wonder what Lucian will think if he caught us going to the bar together.