CH 3: Animus Possidendi

have nothing against pagpuputa. Seryoso. Hindi naman ako judgmental na tao at naniniwala ako na walang kahit sinong may karapatan para husgahan kung ano ang napili mong pagkakitaan ng pera.

Pero, kahit kailan ay hindi ko naisip na gawin 'yun kahit n'ung kasagsagan ng paghihirap namin ng kapatid ko.

But, I remember receiving an indecent proposal from one of my father's friends – it was a proposal that still made me want to vomit up to this day.

"What baby?" I asked him thoroughly confused. "And Sir, your right to know about my period holds the same weight as my right to have access to your prostrate screening test results."

"Wait..." He chuckled. "I am not sure if we are on the same page..."

"We obviously are not, Sir."

"Miss Montiel, as stated in the contract..." He raised the piece of paper in his hand. "We have to share a bed to make procreating possible."

"Teka!"

"Do you have questions?"

"You are going to pay me one hundred and fifty thousand pesos a month not as your assistant but as your exclusive prostitute?"

"That word makes me cringe."

"Yet that's the job you're offering me."

"When did I say that I am offering you to be my exclusive prostitute? The contract clearly says that all I want from you is an heir."

"Let me guess, while I also work as your assistant."

"You are good at your job and I don't want to hire someone else while you are fulfilling another obligation to me."

I started to laugh. "Sir, have you lost your mind?"

"No, I haven't. My mind is as sharp as it is."

"That was a rhetorical question."

"And that would still be my reply."

He patted the space beside him. "Come here and sit down."

"No," I said crossing my arms over my chest. "And I want our contract rescinded."

"Why did you change your mind?"

"I didn't. I just did not realize that you're this disgusting."

A slight frown marred his face. "I am a businessman, Miss Montiel," he said, his tone turning defensive. "And had you just read the contract before signing it, we wouldn't be stuck in this mud."

"So, you are going to blame all these on me?"

"Yes. You're an adult and the first rule in signing contracts is to read everything including the fine print. Or are you really this naïve?"

"Sir, it never occurred to me that you will be offering me a job that involves you, me, and a bed."

"Any surface would do."

"Ano?"

"Nothing. About what you said last night..."

"I was too drunk to remember."

"But, do you lie when you're drunk?"

Ano bang sinabi ko rito? Minura ko ba 'to? Well, at least namura ko man lang s'ya nang harapan. Nakaganti man lang ako kahit papaano sa isang 'to. I will probably get fired anyway so...

"No, Sir, I always tell the truth even when I'm drunk."

"Okay," he said.

"Pwede na po ba akong umalis?"