Phone Guy

"As entertaining as it is watching you spew pizza from your mouth. . .oh, who am I kidding. It's disgusting!"
My friend, Rachel, was furiously scolding my other friend Alex for coughing up a chunk of Freddy Fazbear's pizza. And, I beg to differ. It is very entertaining watching Alex cough up pizza.
Waiters hustled around the diner carrying steaming trays of pizza. Me and my friends were sitting at our own table, enjoying a huge, cheesy pizza.
Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria used to be for little kids, and it still is. . .well, it would be if its renovations didn't include clubs, spas, and a amusement park. Nowadays, it isn't that uncommon for adolescents and teenagers to be roaming around.
"And now, put your hands together for the main event, Freddy Fazbear's band!" a microphone blared. Three animatronics stepped onto the stage. A bear, a chicken, and a bunny: Freddy, Chica, and Bonnie.
"Ugh," Alex grumbled, leaning back on his chair. "I wish the animatronics weren't here."
Kids started to clap.
"Alex," Rachel said. "If the animatronics weren't here, this place would be called Pizzeria."
"I know, but they seem so childish," Alex grunted. I leaned back too.
"I agree with Alex."
Rachel's scoffed. "I know they're childish. Just ignore them if they bother you so much."
I knew that Rachel was right. But the moment Freddy's eyes made contact with mine, I shivered. Those eyes were creepy.
Sooner or later, we were the only three people inside of the pizzeria. The waiter's gave us weird glances, but hey. We were three adolescents listening to three animatronics play music.
People always seemed to give us weird glances as we walked down the street. I am tall for my age, and have brown hair and brown eyes. Alex was a little shorter than me. He had fiery red hair and electric blue eyes. Rachel was taller than Alex, and had caramel brown hair with brown eyes. Not an odd combination.
My dad and mom both worked here as managers for the amusement park. Kinda embarrassing, free pizza is nothing to be ashamed of. Looking back on it, I wish that my parents had nothing to do with this hellish place. Because that day changed my life forever. It cursed me.
After dinner, me and my friends sprinted through the amusement park until we got to the office. Someone was working, but I thought it was my parents. Instead, it was the security guard, Waldo.
"Wassup, buddy? How ya doin?" Waldo asked as I stepped into the office with my friends.
"Sorry, Waldo. I thought my parents were in here."
The office was unimpressive. Posters and advertisements and rules were posted here and there. Even drawing of the animatronics that I drew when I was smaller. They completely creeped me out.
Since we were the last kids here in the park, Waldo barely checked the monitor. He knew I wouldn't cause any trouble.
"It's okay. I'm just in the middle of recording something for the new security guard. Tried this a few years ago. . .didn't end that well. . ."
Waldo changed the conversation. "I don't mind you being here, but would you just back up a little?"
We stepped out of the room. Waldo clicked on his recording device and started speaking.
"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?
Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced."

Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay.

So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?

Uh, now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p-most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit. Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort...and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask, heh.

Y-Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up. But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night."
Waldo clicked off the device and left it on the desk. "Well, seems like I'm done here. See ya' tomorrow."
He got up and started leave. I pushed him back down.
"Woah, woah, woah. Did you just say 'it's amazing that someone could survive without there frontal lobe?"
Waldo ignored me and got up again.
"Strict business. See ya."
He left the room, leaving us in silence.
"If it's strict business, he shouldn't have said it while we were standing right there," Rachel said.
"Guys, we gotta find my parents," I told them. We were having a sleepover at my house. Or so I thought.