Meet Mike

"What?" I exclaimed. "We have to stay here the whole night?"
My mom tried to calm me down. "Sweetie, there's a little problem in the amusement park, and we're needed here. Come on, you can sleep in one of the hotel rooms."
I turned around to face my friends. "Guys. Do you want to stay here instead of my big, not-cramped house?"
They shrugged. Not helping.
"So it's settled. Dad won't have to drive you guys home and you get to sleep in beds instead of sleeping bags."
My mom sped off before I could say anything else.
I turned around. "Really?"
"Hey! It wasn't us. We were agreeing with your mom. It's called courtesy."
"I'm her son. You don't have to show her courtesy."
Rachel sighed. "We do."
I grumbled and headed towards the office. At least I would get a little alone time before the new nighttime security guard arrived.
I plopped down into the chair and fell asleep. I dreamt about taking a walk along the beach at night, holding hands with. . .none of your business. She called my name over and over.
"Ethan. Ethan. Ethan."
I snapped awake. My mom and dad stood above me, calling my name.
"Ethan! Leave! Mike has to do his business!"
"Mike? Who's Mike?"
A teenager with messy blond hair stood behind my parents. "Oh. . . Um, hello Mike."
He smiled and waved. "Hey, Ethan. Look, Mr. and Mrs. Fouster. I'm okay with Ethan sitting around."
My mom smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Schmidt. If he bothers you-" she shot me a dirty glance, "-then just tell us."
She left with my dad.
"So, uh. Your gonna stay here all night?" Mike asked.
I shook my head.
"Better leave before twelve," said Mike.
"Why?" I asked.
"Legend has it that the animatronics come at night."