Online Friends // Part 2

Kenma's POV

It's been about a month or so since the Karasuno x Nekoma practice game. Hinata's messaged me a few times but the conversation just doesn't carry the same way it does in person.  I was staring at my phone walking into school when I got a notification from Shoyo. I didn't know what he wanted because we don't message each other on a daily bases. 

From: Shoyo Hinata

sub//PRACTICE GAME!

8:04 am

Hey Kenma!! It's been a while, I've been playing SO MUCH VOLLEYBALL! Anyways, are you going to the practice game in Tokyo the week after exams? Karasuno is coming and It'll be fun to see Nekoma and you there! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Kenma Kozume

sub//PRACTICE GAME!

8:05 am

hey shoyo. i think were gonna be there. 

I didn't have much to say so I just pocketed my phone and went off to class. 

Hinata's POV

Exams were later this week and I was doomed to fail every subject. I got the news that if I fail I couldn't go to Tokyo. I made up my mind, I'm passing and going to Tokyo. I'm trying so hard to focus but it's just so boring and useless. Why does Tsukki waste his time on passing classes?? We have shorter practices for more study time and multiple tutoring sessions this week. 

~time skip // after exams~

Narrator POV

Kenma was off to the day long training camp in Tokyo. He could've aced his exams if he put time outside of classes into it, but it's worthless so why not just play video games? Shoyo seemed pumped to go to this camp but I didn't have the energy to care that much. When we arrived most of the participants were putting their stuff down and stretching out, including Karasuno. Kenma glanced over at Karasuno, he didn't want people to know he was looking for someone. He couldn't spot Shoyo or the grumpy setter. Kenma nudged Kuroo, "Where's Shoyo? Karasuno's quick attack guy" "Oh shorty got stuck at school, flunked his exams," Kuroo said with a chuckle. Kenma sighed, he couldn't say he wasn't disappointed. It was just a ray of light when someone with such an outgoing personality is around. Lightens the mood. 

~time skip~

Kenma's POV

The doors swung open with a blonde women with an odd haircut standing in the middle bickering with some kid from the Karasuno team. Behind her stood Shoyo and the grumpy setter with exhausted yet relieved expressions. Kuroo said something about their 'late entrance' being tacky. During the water breaks we had I looked over to Shoyo. He was staring right at me. I half-panicked and glanced away at the floor. His eyes were so bright it felt like I was looking at a ball of energy. I felt another gaze. "Why is your face red? Are you ok??" Kuroo questions with a confused look scattered across his face. Shit was I really blushing?? That's so embarrassing. OMG, did Shoyo notice too?? I tried to cool down but I couldn't answer Kuroo while maintaining eye contact, so I kept my head down and said "I'm fine," trying to steady my voice.

WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE... NEXT CHAPTER 6/6/20

have a good day :)