ACT 11

ACT 11

Whenever people claimed that they sometimes feel like the whole world was just crumbling around them when they go through something really serious, Akali always thought it was an exaggeration.

Realizing that she was actually open to being in a relationship with a woman didn't even give her an ounce of worry. What her parents thought about it? No, she didn't care, nor was she going to start now.

Pursuing her dreams in becoming an illustrator in the gaming company she always dreamt in working at and going against what her parents initially planned for her, yes, it made her nervous and a bit unsure of herself, but it never did stop her.

Akali didn't hesitate in telling her mother and father that she yearned to do a different profession. Although her father was nice enough to be supportive of her career choice, her mother wasn't. Especially after what she had done and how it affected her sister's own career.

There's a reason why Akali left Ionia. A reason why, despite feeling so lonely in Valoran, she still stayed at the big city and continued on fulfilling her dreams.

Yes, it's lonely and the embrace of an empty residence was just depressing, but Akali felt like it was best.

She misses her family. She misses her father's words of encouragement and never-ending support. Even with her mother's neglect and anger towards her past wrongdoing, she still missed her.

As for Faey...

Akali always did possess mixed feelings about her adoptive sibling. It's the reason why she always avoided thinking about her and her family. She may be Tahno and Mayym's biological daughter, but it never did feel like that after Faey's parents died from a home invasion incident.

Her father gave her more than a handful of attention, yes, but her mother? She treated Faey more like a daughter than she did to Akali.

Even when Faey's parents were alive, Akali was always compared to the older girl and how she's everything she's not and what her mother wants. But now, with the situation that had come to light, all this running Akali was doing had to stop.

Tahno, her beloved, ever-supportive father, had a stroke.

Faey called her last night and told her about it. Their call was as formal and tense as Akali expected it to be, but she was still thankful to know that her father is still alive and currently has a stable condition.

Regardless, Akali needed to go back home to personally see how her father is.

With this in particular on her mind, Akali decided to drown herself with work and complete as much tasks as she could. Even her injured hand didn't stop her from doing something. She never had the need to ask for a leave in her workplace since weekdays are always free, so she wasn't sure if it's alright to ask for a few days off.

Maybe it was, but she wasn't so sure due to the fact that she's in the middle of a project. Vayne personally told her and her other colleagues that they needed to start working faster with their projects if they actually want them to be incorporated in the game.

That, and they also needed to work on some other stages in the game that required all of them to synchronize the backstories of their characters. Not to mention the incomplete coloring of the models of different versions of said characters, there's just so many to do.

Akali asked Senna for advice about the whole leave thing, and the latter recommended that she gets Vayne's permission. If she were to acquire that, then it'll be enough to give her at least a whole week leave. After all, their leader would be vouching for her if she succeeds with her request.