ACT 7

ACT 7

When Akali had returned to her apartment, she had been too distracted with hers and Evelynn's recent interaction to be able to remember checking whatever it was the woman had left for her as a surprise. Instead of seeing what it was, she just made herself a simple ham and cheese sandwich before heading straight to her little work area in her unit to finish a part of the current project she took home from the office.

The whole day passed for her as if the hours were nothing but dust being blown away by the breeze of time. The whole hug thing and how Evelynn had spoken during the act itself haunted Akali like a ghost.

She became restless because of it.

While she troubled herself with these thoughts, Evelynn can be found dressing up in her new apartment. Her phone was laid on her bed, screen unlocked and displaying her message thread with Shauna.

Shauna: Have you eaten breakfast?
If not, maybe you'll finally give me the honor to take you out?

Evelynn: Can I take a raincheck?

Shauna: Have you eaten breakfast though? Yes or no?

Evelynn: Fine. No, I haven't

Shauna: Take you out, then? ;)

Evelynn: I'll be at the bus stop at Brambleback Street in fifteen

Shauna: Dress a little fancy
I'll be there in ten

Evelynn picked up the red lingerie set from before, shaking her head when she decided to just stick with the ordinary underwear set she was already donning. She still couldn't believe that out of everyone from the creations she had shopped with, it would be Rakan who'd end up buying the first lingerie sets she now had in her little collection.

Wearing a dark purple bodycon dress with a fairly low V-neck and partnering it with the black heels Karma had bought for her a few weeks ago, Evelynn was already considered dressed to impress. A bit of powder, a light blush on her cheeks and a simple yet alluring red tint of lipstick on her lips, she was ready to go.

Her meet-up point with Shauna was only two to three minutes away from their apartment building, so she arrived there in no time at all. Like what the other guaranteed, there was a car idling around the corner. Right at the driver's window, Shauna can be found smiling at her, red glasses perched low on her nose.

Like a true gentleman, Shauna exited the car and helped her into her seat, opening the door for Evelynn and letting her comfortably situate herself first before closing the door and going around to return to the driver's place.

"Gorgeous as always." Shauna said as she flashed a little smile at the goddess.

"Thank you." Evelynn thanked, briefly auditing Shauna's appearance before saying, "You're not so bad yourself."

Her words spoke the truth. Shauna was wearing a pair of black pants, black shoes and a red button-up that matched her eye accessory. The raven hair she had were in a high ponytail today instead of a braid, but that's just one of the little details about her. What took Evelynn's attention was when Shauna removed her glasses and deposited it in her pocket, shortly looking at her with those grey orbs and winking before finally driving to where they intend on having breakfast.

"I'm surprised you said yes." Shauna started, glancing at Evelynn.

"I'm more interested in why you just asked now." Evelynn said with what seemed to be a smug smile. "Most people ask me upon our first meeting."

Shauna chuckled. "I didn't want to seem so eager. And, is this your way of saying I have a lot of competition for your attention?"

"Only one, darling. Only one."